42. Duo

"What afe you guys doing?" asked Jae sitting down on the bed next to Taeyong and Renjun who were writing something eagerly.

"Working on lyrics for our collaboration song for the show," said Taeyong smiling.

"No way," Jae was very happy when he had seen Taeyong and Renjun coming back home cuddling to each other, talking like in the old times.

He was relieved Junie was at lest able to accept Taeyong again, even if he wasn't vey close to him lately.

"Yes Daddy Tae wanted to make a song with me isn't it amazing?" asked Renjun smiling widely.

"It is," Jae slipped under the duvet next to them taking the book he had been reading for a few days now from the bedside table.

'My dream like a road sign

guiding me at night

the tiny lantern of a star

directing me through life,' sang Renjun causing Jae to smile to himself.

'There will be rain,

a shadow that can cover the sun

a poisoned treasure

a dead end path

still something there

is keeping me alright.'

Renjun sang the second part of the verse very quietly.

"It's vefy pfetty," said Jae smiling.

"We don't have a chorus yet," Renjun pouted his lips in a cute way.

"I think we will work on it tomorrow, today my creativity drowned into tiredness," whispered Taeyong.

"Yes daddy that is a great line!" squealed Renjun writing it down eagerly.

"Ok, I'll close my eyes and start to bubble some nonsense and my little genius will make a hit single from it," Taeyong laughed laying down on the pillow yawing loudly.

"Today my creativity drowned in tiredness," sang Renjun when Jae shook his head. "Jae maybe you can help?" he asked.

"Ah!" Jae blushed. "You can't imagine how bad my songwfiting is."

"No," Renjun was looking straight at him so Jae slammed the book shut.

"Tifedness, you, loneliness and happiness togethef fofevef," said Jae rubbing his forehead. "Nevef."

"What are you talking about?" Renjun hit his shoulder playfully giggling.

"So come up with something bettef," whispered Jae.

"Today my creativity drowned in friends and... I had changed the dress," Renjun laughed loudly falling on the duvet rolling over it between mad giggles.

"Oh, ffiends, I changed bikes of my loneliness," said Jae taking the pen but he heard Taeyong laughing shaking his head with pity.

"Give it to me," he muttered grabbing the pen and notebook when Renjun was still laughing hysterically till Jae begged him to stop.

"And?" asked Renjun after a while jumping up on the mattress cuddling to Taeyong's side leaning his had on his arm.

'When all creativity drowned in tiredness

the soundless song my heart had played since my very first breath

was keeping me awake at night