Chapter 24: The Pain

1 more chapter😭🤧🤧😭

Vote and Comment!
Don't be SILENT reader.
______________________________

Merida's pov

"So this is where we're suppose to meet him?" I asked the blonde girl.

I was suspicious about them, they seemed off. Like they were hiding something.

"Yup. He'll be here any minute now."

I looked around and saw nothing.

No cars.

No one.

"We might have to wait a bit. While we're waiting why don't we try to get to know one another, I'll start. Hi my name is Fishlegs. What's yours?"

"Shut up." I demanded giving him the cold shoulder.

"Ok"

Just then 4 people walk through the door. 2 brown hair, 1 black, and 1 blonde.

He looks familiar.

And so does she.

All of a sudden one of them, the brown haired guy runs up to Alexa and hugs her.

Wait, a minute....

He turns his head to look at me. Finally giving me a clear view of his face.

I widened my eyes surprised to see the man in front of me.

Hiccup!?

And, THAT'S Heather!!

And those 2 are!!

You know what I don't remember them...

But that's Hiccup and Heather!!

"So any last words before I kill you Merida?" Hiccup asked with a smug look.

"Yeah, one. Pain.."

"What?"

"As in, I want you to feel pain."

I pulled out my gun and pulled the trigger.

I was pushed to ground milliseconds after.

My shot had been interrupted, instead of hitting Hiccup.

It hit Alexa..

On her neck..

She screamed in pain, as the others rushed to her aid. While Heather locked me handcuffs, and then rushed to be beside Alexa.

While everyone was trying to calm down Alexa, I quickly ran.

This isn't the last of me Hiccup.

I will come back.

~ 4 weeks into the future~

Author's pov

When they took Alexa to the hospital, they found out that the bullet hit a nerve and a major blood vessel. The blood went to her brain killing it

Stoick and Hiccup patched things up, Carter went on a mission to find Merida and lock her up, and Aiden and Sabrina started dating.

They all had things to do, except Hiccup.

Hiccup stayed with Alexa everyday. And Astrid stayed with Hiccup.

Hiccup started to grow feelings for Astrid again, and Astrid also grew feelings for him.

Everything was good between them, but Hiccup would often spend most of his time with Alexa hoping she would come back.

Like right now.....

Hiccup turned around as footsteps kept getting louder near him.

"Hiccup, we need to go. You need rest, you haven't slept since A-"

"Don't say her name! And I'm not leaving, I'm staying here until she wakes up."

"Hiccup, how do you know she's going to wake up?"

"And how do you she isn't!? Huh!!?" Hiccup yelled.

Echoes filled the room.

"Hiccup I know you want her badly to wake up, but chances of her waking up is very slim. I mean, the doctors said her brain is partially dead and that her brain is getting worse and worse, sh-"

"I KNOW!!"

"Fine be that way."

With that she started walking away. As sound of heels tapping disappeared, Hiccup's eyes started to water. His tears started falling to the ground as he couldn't hold onto it anymore. He sat down wiping the tears away while grabbing her hand. It wasn't moving, all that was heard was the sound of a heart rate monitor beeping. 

Beep.. Beep.. Beep... Beep..

An hour passes as Hiccup is still sitting near her as she stays still looking lifeless. Taking a deep breath, Hiccup stands up gently letting go of her hand.

He starts heading to the rooftop, where he knows someone is there waiting for him. 

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said there earlier. I was ju-"

"You were angry and you lost someone you care about. I get it."

"A-"

"You know Hiccup, you don't have to go through this alone. But what really hurt, was that you pushed me and everyone else away. They loved her too, and I may not have known her for a long time, but I knew enough."

He sighed, knowing she was right. He needed to stop pushing people away.

"Astrid, I'm sorry." 

"Hiccup, you need to forgive yourself before I can forgive you. I can't accept your apology if you still blame yourself for what happened to her." Astrid explained.

"You're right."

Hiccup took Astrid's hand and pulled it towards him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and she did the same. Being in the warm embrace of his girlfriend calmed him down.

They both sighed in unison and they separated.

Hiccup went back to Alexa's room..

"I'm sorry baby.."

And with that he pulled off her monitor and took her off life support.