Chapter 15: Flashback

I'm doing this new thing where I put up an inspiring quote to uplift some of my readers. I don't know why, but I suddenly felt the need to do this.

Quote: "They laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at them because they're all the same"

_____________________

_____________

Hiccup's pov

"You know, I thought you would have put up a fight against me, rather than letting me drag you and your friends here" I stated to Astrid who was currently staring at me, if looks could kill I'd be dead right now.

I never thought this day would come.

Astrid and her friends, behind bars.

Me, annoying them from the other side.

"And I thought you were dead. I guess we were both disappointed" 

I put my palm on my heart pretending to be hurt by her words. 

"Ouch, that hurt"

But the thing was, deep down inside. 

I did hurt.

"What happened Hiccup? Why did you run away?" 

Astrid's face softened. It was no longer that pissed off face she makes when Snotlout flirts with her, instead it was replaced with a concerned, curious look.

"Astrid, what do you think? What does everyone think happened?" I asked, and that's when the others got up from where they were sitting and joined Astrid, standing beside here with worrying expressions.

"Everyone thinks that Stoick kicked you out, but Stoick never confirmed that. So, what really happened?" Fishlegs explained with a curious yet interested expression.

Flashback..

"What were you doing in my desk looking through my drawers Hiccup?"

"the real question is, What is this?!" a 15 year old furious and confused me yelled to his dad.

I had snuck into my dad's office and picked the locks on the drawers. My dad has been hiding something, and today was the day I decided to do something about it. Unfortunately, I thought it was something about why my mother was gone. But what I found instead was truly heart-wrenching. I felt betrayed and hurt.

"Hiccup, I can explain"

"Explain what!? That you thought I so pathetic and feeble, you didn't think I had the mental strength to run the agency so you go off and give it to someone else before you even gave me chance! Giving the company to the Hofferson family than your own son, to Astrid! Have you forgotten that I was top of my class, I aced every test, I did all my assignments and never once had a B+ or lower. Because I ALWAYS had As!" Hiccup testified.

"No one here cares about smarts! To run this agency you need to be strong and brave, something you don't have! I tried to toughen you up, but nothing seemed to work so I had to search for a new heir to the agency. I'm not even sure if you are my son"

"There's ALWAYS a choice dad! You just choose the wrong one. You'll regret this" And with that I left.....

Left the room.

Left the building.

Left my life.

And my dad.

I left EVERYTHING and EVERYONE.........

End of Flashback..

"Well the rumors were true. He did kick me out"

"I knew it" Snotlout muttered under his breathe thinking I wouldn't hear it.

I quickly reacted and grabbed him by the collar. My arm almost fully through the bars.

"What did you just say Snothat?" I asked threateningly.

"Nothing" he muttered

"WHAT!?" 

"NOTHING!" he yelled.

Thought so

I just rolled my eyes and let go of him. He stumbled back a little but not enough to hurt him in any way. 

How disappointing

"How disappointing" I said leaning against the bars.

God dammit, I'm repeating my own words. 

But no one else knows that. Sooooooo..... ehh

"What is?" Astrid asked not amused, I on the other hand was very much amused.

"The fact that 'The best agent in B.A.T.C.' was just captured by 'Hiccup Haddock the worst agent in B.A.T.C. That is disappointing" I stated amused with Astrid's red hot boiling face that is ready to blow up any second.

"Ohhh, we'll see who the better agent is, Hiccup! It's STILL me!" Astrid yelled while I just laughed.

"Oh Astrid, you're right you still are the Best Agent. But I am now and always will be The Best Asssasin. Au revoir" I said and then walking to the door.

Before closing the door behind me I could hear fighting and screaming. I just scoffed and closed the door and then using my key card to lock it. I started making my way to my suite.

It's probably just Ruff and Tuff fighting again

As I finally reached my suite, I used my key card to open the door. I walked in and immediately took off my jacket and shoes and then fell on my comfy couch. I turned on the TV and opened my computer. I noticed I got a message from Aiden who shared an account with Sierra. I sent both of them 5 years ago along with Heather to search for my Alexa. Unfortunately Heather couldn't find her so I told her to stop. But when I tried to cancel the search thinking she gone, Aiden and Sabrina wouldn't give up.

Those three have been friends since the beginning, so of course I didn't really expect them to give up. 'Three friends together till the end' that was their motto. I was always amazed at how they stuck up for each other when they got in trouble. When they get in trouble one of them confesses and then that's when the others do too, to defend the other one. I just wished I had a friendship like that back then.

Still, Aiden kept looking at Alexa strangely, almost admiringly. Plus, that asshole Aiden put glue in my shoes and I couldn't get them off for a whole week. 

I opened the message and I was very surprised. 

Message from Alexa's asshole friend: We found her.....