Chapter 16: Bars

"It doesn't matter how slow you go. As long as you do not stop."

___________________________

_________

Merida's Pov

I always thought I'd go out with a bang. Like getting executed in front of thousands of people, or maybe jumping in an active volcano. But I never once thought I'd die from BOREDOM. 

Here I am, the Infamous Merida behind bars, day after day getting interrogated by some really ugly people.. Well more like hour after hour cause I've only been here for 8 hours maybe more, but still! It feels like I've been here for weeks.

Oh right, and I forgot to mention that Carter is here with me. You would think they would put us in different cells since where the opposite sex, but NOPE! They decided to put him with me. He's annoying as he is awake but he is even more annoying when he is sleeping. Even our neighbors are complaining about how loud he is when he snores.

"Hey, keep it down!" The woman in the cell next to us demanded.

"It ain't me mother fucker!" I responded.

"I don't fucking care! If it isn't you, then it must be your cellmate, shut him up!"

I sigh as I walk to Carter. I started thinking of stupid ways to wake him up, and I just decided to go with the simple and very predictable strategy. Stepping back to make room, I them jumped on him, but it wasn't a normal jump I did 'The People's Elbow' and he immediately reacts pushing me off him.

Thank you 'The Rock' for inventing that move

Yeah, I know who The Rock is. I may be an assassin and highly trained thief who spent over half her life isolated on an island with other killers but that doesn't mean I was living under a rock. get it, The rock and living under a rock? 

Wait a minute who am I talking to?

I looked down and smirked as I saw how much pain Carter was in. 

"ouch!! The fuck did you wake me up for!?"

"You were snoring and our lovely neighbors were complaining" I explained.

He just rolled his eyes and sat up. I started walking back to the door and looked through the bars. 

"I'm gonna go to sleep, keep watch Carter" I demanded as I walked back to my bed and lied down.

"Keep watch for what?"

"Keep watch for them, I contacted them earlier and told them where we are. They should be here somewhere near noon."

"But it's 2 a.m. if they are coming on noon. Why do I have to keep watch?" Carter stupidly asked.

"Because I want to actually get some sleep, and I can't if you're snoring"

"Ugh"

Idiot

And with that I almost instantly fell asleep.

Alexa's pov

"So you're telling me, that I'm an assassin?" I asked still trying to get my head around this.

I mean could you blame me for being confused?! First I get kidnapped by these psychopaths, and then they tell me that I'm an assassin and I grew up on an assassin island where I was kidnapped by a woman named Merida. Then somehow my memory got wiped and I've been living a lie for 5 years. 

"Yeah, yeah that's exactly what we're telling you" the guy I think named Aiden.

"But that's impossible!" I yelled standing up from the chair I was currently sitting on.

"Fine, answer me this. When did you start going to that school?" Sabrina asked.

"Ummm, 5 years ago" I answered.

"So when you were 15, ok. Do you remember anything before that?" 

"Umm, I-uhhh I don't know" I said.

"Do you remember who your 8th grade teacher was?"

"Why would I remember or care who our 8th grade teacher was?" I asked annoyed.

"Because she was the teacher that saved you, the best teacher ever. You and everyone else in the class said you would never forget her. She died the day after your birthday, and you cried the most in the class because she wasn't only your teacher, she was also yours and our friend. She helped you the most when Aiden and I couldn't, she saved you from depression" Aiden explained.

Just then my head starts to hurt. White flashes take over my thoughts, that's all I see. White flashes. I see people now, but I don't know who they are. A guy with messy auburn hair, another guy with red spiky hair and blue slashes down his left eyes and a girl with raven black hair in a braid. 

"I-I uhh- I don-don't know what you're talking about" I lied not telling them about what I saw.

_________________________

_____________

I can't believe this!! My school has been canceled tomorrow too  and till Thursday! Ughh!!