Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Mom, I'm fine. I just fell at the store." I tried to explain to my deluded mother.

"Kellie! You have stitches in your arm! When did you go to the hospital?" She asked panicky.

"Yesterday evening. I spent the night there. I told them not to call you, because you would have died!" I lied.

"Who brought you home? In that car?"

"Zander." I said, I have never lied this much to the women who gave birth to me.

"Okay, as long as your here, your fine. I guess." She mumbled the last part. Every time I moved my arm, it felt like shit. It feels like it's being stabbed over and over. It feels like the pain is going to be there forever.

"I gotta go to work Mom, I close tonight so I won't be here maybe until ten or so." I said grabbing my car keys.

"Be careful." She warned me. I rolled my eyes and walked out to my car. I got in and checked my phone for any messages. None. I pulled out of our driveway and drove to the mall. The one good thing about working at the mall is basically everything. I turned up the radio, singing along to the songs. Lets just say, I'm one of those, sing in the shower type people.

I pulled up to the mall and got out of my car. It was about one in the afternoon, so everyone was here for lunch. I almost made it to the sidewalk when I heard somebody saying 'Watch it.' It was a stranger and I looked to my left and there was that same SUV. Almost running me over again. Justin. I rolled my eyes and walked up to his window.

As it was rolling down, I began to speak. "You know, do you ever watch out for the speed bumps, speed limits, people, and uh, ME!" I said.

"Calm down shawty." He winked. "Do we really have to keep meeting like this." He said pulling his sunglasses off.

"Like what?"

"You screaming at me. Me almost getting you killed." He said.

"Yeah, okay. Well now you're going to make me late for work."

"That's your fault." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You're the one who walked over here in the first place." He said, and he drove off. What a dick. First, he flirts with me. Then, he almost gets me killed, then he tells me he wants to get to know me. And now, he drives off in the middle of a conversation. I walked into the mall and Anna immediately, pointed me out.

"You're late." She said.

"I know. Go complain to somebody who cares." I said walking past her. Oh, crap, that might have sounded bitchy. I finally got to Abercrombie and Zander immediately shot me a death look.