Chapter 19 | Bring it On

"The mighty, the furious, Pixie!" The announcer yelled out my name, and I entered the pit. The night's air was chilly and the misty forest seemed eerie, making the whole thing look like a movie feature. As I waited for my opponent, I saw Ace looking at me from the distance, and Damien cheering me on. Man, if they were here, then it meant that I applied for the class A fight- and that meant that I would probably lose this time. Class A fighters had years of experience in the pits, and they fought all over the country. Unlike me, who was known by all the pit fighters and cheerers in Prescott Valley, class A fighters were known in the pits of so many cities, because they are the ones that managed to beat the strongest, thus strongest they've become. It was too late to back up now, so I stood and waited for my opponent to show up, trying not to show any sign of nervousness to the crowd. In the periphery of my vision, a figure that I knew from the past experiences was approaching me, and the blood in my veins started boiling up. As he entered the pit, my heart dropped and I wanted to scream and shout, but most importantly I wanted to tremendously hurt him.

"It's strange to see you in the grown-up class." He was mocking me for being in the A class, but I was getting so mad that I didn't even care about what he was saying. He shifted in his position, cracking his knuckles, and I wanted to end him right there, right then.

"It's going to be even stranger when I end you," I said, fearing my own words.

"Sweet Mia, you don't have it in you." He said, and I was absolutely ready to kick some ass.

"Bring it on, Dean."

I held my guard up but I also had it in my mind that Dean will probably aim for my stomach, and after he does that and I take a blow, he will do his best to swing towards my face. That's what I knew, but that' s also what he didn't know, so as soon as his fist flew towards my stomach, I dodged it, and put my guard up again immediately. 

One thing that I absolutely hated was that Dean was an inside fighter, and he was constantly up in my face. Inside fighters usually kept their distance short and were close to their opponents at all times, while outside fighters like me, preferred keeping their opponents ranged. That's something that James taught me. Outside fighters get the best grip, but inside ones usually play it over the top.

Dean made it hard for me to swing at him, so I combined a few of faints, which were short swings that gave me the opening for one hell of a power punch. Dean's head circled to the left, but he gained his firmness right away and continued the fight. 

I was a southpaw and Dean was well aware of that, so he used it for his advantage. Once his foot neared my stomach I knew that dodging wasn't an option, so I had to think fast. When he hit me, I fell next to the ropes on the left side, and he cornered me right away. Smirking and looking at me, Dean murmured before he started throwing jabs at me, "This is for being a deal breaker!" I thought that once I was leaning against the ropes it would be easier, I mean, it is a hard technique to grasp, but I really hoped that it would work. That was the only option he left me with at the moment. Dean kept punching me and I didn't punch back. Instead, I was letting him tire up while trying to reach my face, and I let the ropes keep me from tumbling down. Being against the ropes meant that half of the hits I was taking were soothed by the support I had, and it still wasn't enough. Dean wasn't getting tired as fast as I hoped he would, and it was beginning to be unbearable to take any more jabs. Before I even managed to turn my head in the other direction, Dean's fist flew at me and my face felt like it was falling apart.

The fight was over, I was down for the count, and Dean won.

He did a number on me once again, and I was helplessly lying on the cold, damp ground, being unable to fight back.