Chapter 13 | Let Him In

After Ace and I escaped the storm, he took me home. We weren't faster than the rain, but the mischief in his eyes told me that he didn't mind it at all. Once I was engulfed by the warmth of my house, I took the hottest shower I possibly could, and my body looked all wrinkled and red afterward. Putting on some old jeans and a white tank top, I threw myself on the comfortable bed that I like to call home. The rain was tapping on my window pane, with sounds so sweet and warm that I felt like falling asleep right that second.

 You really gotta love life.

Of course, like it always goes with me and the rainy weather, I scrolled through the playlist on my phone and immediately my room became intoxicated by the beautiful sound of Aaron Wright. There is something about slow music and me, it just fits in every possible situation. 

As the light tunes started caressing my eardrums, I looked around my bedroom and immediately all the comfort I felt vanished and turned into a massive dose of nostalgia. Pictures of mom and dad in tiny white frames hung from my walls, and they were almost mocking me by showing how fun life used to be. Right above my desk, there was a photograph of dad and me, sitting on the deck of our boat, smiling, washed by the sun, and kissed by the blessed happiness of life. After mom and dad decided to leave for Europe I talked to them every day, henceforth I wasn't capable of getting angry at them. But just a year after that, everything has changed. They stopped calling regularly, and even when they called, everything was done in a rush. In these past few years, Brie and I saw them three times; two Christmases and the funeral of moms' aunt. That was pretty much all the effort they made to see their daughters, and I wasn't ready to accept the life that I know of now. Thinking about my family, a few bitter tears rolled down my cheeks and I started being an emotional wreck, something I usually try to avoid.

On the other side of this closet door
You and I are packed in boxes
Pictures taken from before

TAP TAP

On the other side of this bedroom door

TAP

There are phantom shadows dancing on the sunlit floor

TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP

I paused the song that was currently playing and wiped my tears with the back of my hand. Besides the rain and my music, I wasn't supposed to hear anything, but there was surely something else outside my window. My eyes were still somewhat foggy from the tears, but I clearly saw a silhouette of a man staring at me through the window glass. Before I had a chance to freak out, the person behind the window sneezed and I noticed who it was immediately.

Ace Murray was on my roof, getting rained on and probably getting sick at the same time.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I opened the window and he literally fell inside.

"I was locked out of my house, Damien can't come to pick me up for about two more hours. Sorry but, desperate times call for drastic measures." He took off his shirt and I suddenly I wasn't feeling very well. The guy had a body of a God. His muscles were tensed probably because he froze himself outside, and they were on a clear display. I don't really fancy the whole muscle thing, but damn- this was something else. 

"Why didn't you use the door?" I asked, still in awe from what I was seeing.

"I don't want your father to chop my balls off." He said, getting slightly reddish in his cheeks.

"That wouldn't be a problem. Dad isn't here." I said and put a blanket on the chair next to the window, thus Ace didn't even need one, he situated himself on the floor.

"Were you crying?" He asked and looked me straight in the eyes. I gathered myself together and gave him the best fake smile I could possibly act out.