*seventeen*

"Why does Brendon speak some French when he's feeling little?"

Josh chuckles as he parks the car and turns it off before speaking.

"When I showed him little space and stuff we were in college together. Ever since he was in middle school he was basically a French speaking prodigy so... that was a woozy trying to understand what he was saying. But when he is little his mind wanders between languages." Josh explains.

"Oh."

The two get out of the car and rush to get inside. As Josh tries to unlock the bookstore Tyler starts to munch on his fingernails.

"Baby, don't do that, it's not healthy to do that."

Tyler looks down at his hand, bringing it out of his mouth. Josh finally finds the lucky key and unlocks the doors, holding one open for his new boyfriend. Tyler walks over to the counter, going behind it and sits on the spiny stool.

Josh throws off his jacket and follows Tyler. He walks up behind him and links his arms on Tyler's neck, giving it a small kiss.

"So I can officially call you my boyfriend?" Josh mumbles into Tyler's skin.

"I guess so." Tyler smiles, leaning more into the older boy's touch.

"Great. I have an amazing boyfriend now."

Tyler chuckles and looks down. He rests his chin on Josh's hands.

"No you don't. I'm not amazing in any way shape or form, weirdo."

"Oh shut up. You're amazing in every way!" Josh scoffs, removing his arms and spinning the stool around.

Josh swiftly picks up Tyler and sits down on the stool with him in his lap.

"How? How am I this thing you call amazing?"

"Well," Josh starts, brushing some stray hairs behind the boy's ear. "I think you're super kind, and sweet. I know you're gorgeous and handsome. And I know for an absolute fact, jack, that you are the only person on this planet that is as cute as you, baby."

Tyler blushes a deep red once Josh finished his little speech. Grabbing the older boy's hand, Tyler places it on his cheek and lets go of it. Josh keeps it there and softly strokes his hand on the brunets cheek.

"I don't know how I can love you so much even though I barely know anything about you, Tyler... um... Tyler...?"

"Joseph."

"Huh?"

"Tyler Joseph."

"I love you lots, Tyler Joseph."

Tyler smiles and places a hand on Josh's chest.

"I think I love you more, Josh Dun."

Josh scoffs playfully, "Impossible."

"Whatever." Tyler rolls his eyes with a toothy smile.

* ^ *

As Tyler helped Josh with the bookstore customers had come and gone. Some looking for last minute birthday gifts, or browsing, and some just looking for themselves. When there is no one else in the store Tyler kisses Josh.

"Well, hello to you too, hun." Josh smiles as he starts to kiss back.

"Hi."

Tyler looks up at Josh after he pulls away. Hooking his arms around the older boy's neck, Tyler nuzzles his head in Josh's chest. Josh coos, kissing the top of Tyler's head.

"You're so cute, baby. How did I ever get to have you?"

"You—."

"What?"

Tyler backs out of Josh's chest, smiling up at him.

"I said that you found me by a dumpster... so I guess you could say you found a piece of trash." Tyler laughs halfway through his sentence, burying himself back into Josh's chest.

"I guess you could say one man's trash is another man's treasure. But I'm just lucky that you stayed alive that night." Josh chuckles dryly before speaking again, "It's good the news didn't have to announce a dead body was found by a dumpster at an Irving."

"You're dumb." Tyler laughs, shoving his head back in Josh's chest.

"When we go out for lunch do you want to go to Starbucks or something?"

"Yes."

"Okay, we'll leave soon, then."

"M'kay."

Half an hour goes by before the two boys close up shop and get in Josh's car.

"Josh... have you ever... uh... actually never mind." Tyler sighs, picking at his seatbelt.

"Have I ever what? You can ask me, ya know."

Tyler shakes his head despite Josh not being able to see what he was doing.

"No it's stupid."

"Just tell me!" Josh chuckles, turning into Starbucks' parking lot.

"Okay. Fine. Have you ever accidentally done something bad? Like, really bad? So terrible that the cops would arrest you and you'd be put in jail for who knows how long?"

Josh continues to park the car, his eyes wide.

"No I haven't. Have you?"

"Maybe..."

⚫️🌼⚫️