*four*

"Tyler, hey, do you want to come?"

Tyler wakes up in Josh's bed opposed to Josh's lap last night.

"Huh?"

"I asked if you want to come." Josh smiles, sitting next to Tyler.

Tyler yawns, confused as to where they were going.

"Where we goin'?"

"You must've been too tired to hear me. I said that I need to pick up my pup from the vet, do you want come with me?"

The brunet smiles, he loved dogs. Any kind of dog is an automatic friend for him.

"What kinda dog?" Tyler asks, sitting up on the bed.

Josh stands up and walks to the bedroom door.

"Well, why don't you come with me to find out." He suggests, opening the door and gesturing Tyler to follow him.

Tyler almost squeals, trying to push away his headspace, but he couldn't.

"Yay!" He says, running out the door and down the stairs.

* ^ *

"I'm here to pick up Jim,"

The lady behind the counter smiles and stands up, going to the back room to get the dog.

"What kinda dog is him-he" Tyler corrects himself, shifting his weight and getting more excited by the second.

Josh smiles at Tyler's joyful attitude. He wraps his arm around the smaller boy's shoulders.

"You'll have to wait and see,"

Tyler nods, and soon enough the lady walks back out with a light blue leash in her hand. Coming around the desk the lady hands the leash to Josh before sitting back down in her chair. Tyler's eyes widen as he sees a golden retriever "puppy" come limping around the desk with a bright red cast on his right front leg.

"Jim has done very well! We are giving you some capsules that you can crush on his food to help the pain, and no rough housing with him. Still being a puppy will be a bit more difficult, but I'm sure he can manage for four weeks."

The light haired woman sets a box of Jim's medicine on the counter, typing away at her computer.

"Joshie, Jim's a puppy?" Tyler whispers, tugging on Josh's shirt.

Jim was bigger than what he had expected, he looked more like a full grown dog than a puppy.

Josh chuckles, scratching his neck.

"Yes, Ty," he breaks out in chuckles again, "Jim is a pup."

When the woman is done calculating what needs to be paid, Josh pays her. Tyler waves goodbye at the woman as they head out of the building.

The two—now three—of them get in the car, Jim in the back.

"What happened to Jim?" Tyler asks confused as Josh pulls out of the parking lot and onto the main street.

"Well," Josh starts, "Jim is an idiot most of the time. He found a new playmate, and that new playmate happened to be a porcupine. Thank god he only got the needles in his leg."

Tyler nods. He looks in the back at Jim, confused to why he had a cast on.

"Th-Then why does Jim hav'a cast?"

"A needle got all the way in his leg and they had to do surgery, hun."

"Oh," He mumbles.

"Wanna get something to eat?" Josh asks cheerfully, making eye contact with Tyler for a brief moment.