*five*

When they arrive home Tyler seems to be less happy than before. When Josh parks the car Tyler bolts out of it, sprinting in the house. Sighing and getting Jim from the back, Josh brings the dog inside.

He enters the house and guides Jim to his dog bed, making him lay down and rest. Josh sat down on the couch before realizing that Tyler wasn't in the room.

"Ty?" Josh stood up and walked into the kitchen.

Josh walked up the stairs, trying to find Tyler. He looked in his room, the guest room, his study room, everywhere.

"Tyler? Where'd you go, hun?"

When he walks by the bathroom door, he could just barely hear someone sniffle. Approaching the door quietly, Josh knocked on the door.

"Tyler, woah, what's wrong? W-What happened?" Josh was starting to panic a little, not knowing why Tyler's mood had changed so suddenly.

Josh doesn't get a response, only more sniffles and coughing.

"Tyler?"

Still no response. Josh sighs, reaching for the door knob only to find it locked. His eyes widen as his heart starts to beat out of his chest. The door shakes slightly as he knocks on it once again, this time with more force.

"Ty, please open the door, I'm getting worried." The jiggling of the door knob rings through the house.

Josh didn't have a good relationship with locked bathroom doors with someone crying inside, and from what he saw and experienced, he never wanted to see or do again.

Tyler loudly whines, coughing in the process. Josh hears shuffling towards the door and hears the click of the lock being undone. Slowly opening the door Josh sees Tyler on the floor crying. His heart shattered to pieces.

"Sorry, I-I'll leave soon." When Tyler speaks his voice is raw and rough from crying so hard in such a sort amount of time.

"Hey, hey, hey, no, no," Josh moves to sit down next to the crying boy, "What do you mean that you'll leave?"

Tyler let's out a shaky breath, wiping his cheeks with his hand. Josh silently sighs, gently placing a loving hand on Tyler's thigh.

"Can I hold you?"

Tyler coughs, leaning towards Josh with his arms on the older boy's shoulders. Smiling sadly, Josh moves Tyler to sit on his lap. He cradles the smaller boy's head into his shoulder and rocks him slowly.

"I have no problem with you being who you are, okay? You are such a cutie, Ty, such a cutie."

Josh leans back and tucks some of Tyler's stray hairs behind his ear. He gently pushes Tyler back to see that he had his thumb in his mouth.

"Wanna take a nap? Are you tired?"

Tyler shakes his head, gnawing on his thumb.

"Wanna go say hi to Jim? He'll want company."

The brunet leans into Josh, pointing in the direction of the living room, signaling he wants to see Jim. Standing up with Tyler in his arms, he walks down the stairs and to the living room where Jim was peacefully asleep. Josh walks over to the golden and sits down with Tyler in his lap.

"Him's s'eepin'." Tyler speaks around his thumb.

"Yeah, he is, but guess what?" Josh whispers, pulling the boy a little closer to him, "Jim, he's a heavy sleeper, just like me, no matter what you do he probably won't wake up."

Tyler looks Josh in his deep brown eyes, erupting in giggles.

"You s'eepy 'ead."

Josh chuckles and starts to pet Jim with Tyler, "Yes, I'm a big sleepy head."

A silence falls between the two, both carefully petting the dog. Tyler yawns, stretching his back.

"How about we take a nap? I'll take one with you."

Hesitantly, Tyler nods his head, linking his arms around the elder's neck. Josh walks up to his room with Tyler, carefully setting him down on his bed.

Tyler whines and points to his backpack in the corner next to his duffel bag.

"Is there something you need in there, sweetie?"

He nods, making grabby hands at the bag, continuing to whine his little heart out.

Josh hurriedly opens the bag and digs through it to stumble upon a small stuffed cockatiel. He grabs it out of the bag and shows it to Tyler who smiles.

"Is this what you wanted, hun?"

Nodding, Tyler crawls to the edge of the bed to get the stuffed bird. Josh hands it to him and gets in bed himself. He gets Tyler under the fluffy blankets on his bed, making sure the small boy is warm and comfy.

"You all set, sugar?"

Tyler quietly giggles, hugging the small stuffie to his chest.

"Okay, I'll take that as a yes."

Before long, Tyler was forcing his eyes to stay open, even though Josh said that he should shut them so he could sleep.

"It's okay. Just shut your eyes, and sleep, sweetheart. I'll be right here the whole time, I promise."

Tyler looks up at Josh and sighs, letting his brown eyes fall shut he starts to drift off quickly.

Once Josh knows that Tyler is asleep, he says what he's been wanting to say the entire day.

"You're so precious, Ty."

⚫️🌼⚫️

Hey!!

I hope you guys have been doing well!

I have!

I really should be sleeping at the moment, but I thought of the "ending" for this chapter so I had to write it down before I forgot.

Sooo

I don't have much to say except that

1. Y'all are amazing

2. Y'all are cool

3. Y'all are my favorite people

Love ya!

~ M ❤️