*twenty six*

Early March is making its appearance. Tyler nervously picks at his bandages on his arm waiting for Josh to come home. There was a severe thunderstorm warning coming through right as Josh left work. The brunet was worried, even though he knew that Josh would be fine. It's just rain and noise anyways.

Tyler cuddles up on the couch with his stuffed cockatiel in his arms and a fleece blanket around his body. He closely watches spongebob on the TV, patiently waiting for Josh to arrive home.

Soon enough the small boy hears a click from the front door. He jolts up from the couch, running to the front door with a small frown.

Josh is setting his bag down when Tyler runs into his chest, making Josh huff. His stuffie in his arms and the blanket wrapped around him.

"Hi, little one. I missed you." Josh smiles, wrapping his arms around Tyler slowly, giving him a hug.

Tyler whimpers as he hears some thunder. Looking up at the elder, he stands up on his tiptoes, linking his arms around Josh.

"Want me to hold you?"

Tyler nods, bouncing on his toes.

With a small huff, Josh lifts the boy in his arms. The two walk to the bathroom. Josh sets Tyler down on the counter, removing the blanket the boy still had wrapped around him.

"I think today is the day we should remove the bandages completely, no more changing them, don't you think, hun?"

"Mhm."

Tyler clings to his stuffie with his left arm, letting Josh take his right. Carefully, the older boy unwraps Tyler's arm. He wads all of the bandages in a ball and throws them away.

"I love you, sugar. I love you so much. I would do anything to keep you safe, I promise."

Josh takes Tyler's previously bandaged arm and presses small kisses all around it, making the smaller boy giggle happily. Tyler kept his head down though, worrying Josh.

"Are you feeling okay, Ty?"

Tyler sighs as he looks up at Josh. He shoves his stuffed bird out to Josh, but he pushes it back.

"You take your stuffie, okay? Let's cuddle until the storm passes, does that sound good?"

"Mhm." Tyler nods, reaching out for the elder.

The two walk over to the kitchen, Josh setting Tyler down on the counter gently. Josh gets a pack of microwave popcorn from the cabinet. He opens the clear wrapping around the bag before unfolding it and putting it in the microwave and setting the timer.

"Daddy..."

Josh turns around just as some thunder rolls in, scaring the little even more.

"Oh, sweet pea, I'm right here. It's just some noise." Josh soothes as he walks back over to Tyler.

Josh lifts the scared boy into his arms, bouncing him on his hip softly. After a little over two minutes the popcorn is ready.

He gets it with his free hand, still bouncing his baby in his other arm. Just as the two sit down on the couch and Josh turns on the TV, more thunder rolls in. Tyler lets out a frightened sound, curling into Josh's chest.

"Oh, baby," Josh soothes, brushing his hand over the little's cheek. "It's just some noise, honey. There's nothing to be scared of. I promise."

The older boy finds a channel that they'd both enjoy watching before he opens the popcorn.

"Do you want any, tiny?" Josh whispers in Tyler's ear before he eats the few pieces he had in his hands.

"Mhm."

"Okay, baby."

Josh takes a few pieces of popcorn and holds them to Tyler's lips. The brunet literally eats out of Josh's hand, starting to relax more and more as time progresses.

"My baby boy, I love you so much."

Tyler hums happily into the elder's chest, taking a glance at the TV. A flash of lightning turns the dark room a shade of purple, scaring Tyler for a quick second.

"I love you, Josh."

"I love you too, my tiny baby. I love my boyfriend that's also my tiny, itty bitty baby boy." Josh smiles as he butterfly kisses the top of Tyler's head.

"I'm happy you're mine." Tyler yawns, clearly exhausted.

"I'm happy you're mine too."

Josh ends up finishing the popcorn, his buttery hands being wiped on the old couch. Tyler whines, wiggling in Josh's lap, clutching onto the older boy's shirt with a death grip.

"Tiny, you're okay. Should we go to bed? Is a certain little boy getting tired?"

Tyler nods, starting to cry quietly shortly after.

Turning off the TV, Josh leaves the empty popcorn bag and starts to walk out of the room and up the stairs with the tired little in his hands.

Josh stops in the bathroom, setting Tyler down on the closed toilet seat. Preparing Tyler's toothbrush, he helps the boy brush his teeth with tears running down his cheeks. After they finish he hears the phone ring.

"I'll be right back, I won't be gone for more than a few minutes." He rushes, pressing a chaste kiss to Tyler's forehead.

Josh runs downstairs and picks up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Josh!"

Josh rolls his eyes and smiles, "Hey, Brendon."

"Quick question."

"Ask away."

Brendon chuckles, making Josh chuckles along with him, this going on for a whole minute.

"Are you high, Bren?"

"Possibly... but that's besides the point."

"Okay, sure." Josh sighs, rolling his eyes.

"I'm throwing a party tomorrow for one of my buddies that is graduating from college. Would you and Ty like to come?" Brendon asks, starting to laugh again.

"Umm, sure? I'd like to go but I'll have to ask him too. So we'll tell you the definite answer tomorrow. Okay?"

"Okay, thanks, dude!"

"No problem."

Josh hangs up and walks over to the cupboards, grabbing a bag with some leftover brownies that were just for him. He takes one and downs it, making sure he got every last crumb.

"I'm gonna join ya, Bren." Josh whispers before he walks to and up the stairs to Tyler.

"Hey, sweetie, lets go to bed." Josh takes Tyler in his arms, starting to head to their bedroom.

Josh gently lays the half asleep Tyler on the bed. He removes the boy's shirt and pants, leaving him in his underwear. Immediately, Josh does the same thing. He lays down next to the brunet, getting themselves under the covers.

"Goodnight, honey." Josh mumbles, pressing a gentle kiss to Tyler's forehead.

Tyler moans, snuggling closer next to Josh.

"M'love 'ou too." He whispers.

The older boy smiles before he starts to drift off to sleep with his little boy.

⚫️🌼⚫️

Hey!

Hope y'all been good!

Love ya!

~ M ❤️