*thirty two*

(song: Adderall by Max Frost)

"Baby, please try to calm down, it's okay." Josh whispers into the crying little's hair.

Tyler is curled up in the older boy's lap, crying because of what Josh guess was a panic attack, at three in the morning. He hides his face in Josh's neck, finding comfort being in his arms.

"Honey, it's okay. Calm down, little one. Daddy is right here."

Tyler attempts to make himself even smaller in Josh's arms, both quiet and small sobs leave the small boy's mouth and body. The two boys stay like this for a little while, Tyler's crying slowly getting quieter. The television plays softly in the background, trying its best to distract the crying boy.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I know you're scared right now, I know it."

Jim tried to come and comfort the brunet by jumping on the couch and laying right next to the boy.

"Tyty, look, Jim is here. I think he wants some attention from his favorite little boy in the world."

Tyler looks up, his eyes bloodshot and his cheeks stained with tears, although there was still more flowing. He turns his head and reaches out to pet Jim who was nudging his head into Tyler's hand.

"See? He wants to make you feel better, honey. He loves you and cares about you just like I do." The older boy whispers, slightly bouncing Tyler on his legs.

Jim continues to be pet by Tyler, thanks to encouraging and comforting words spoken by Josh. After ten minutes Jim sneezes loudly, scaring the regressed boy back into hiding.

"Baby, you're okay, Jim just sneezed." The dom coos,  hugging Tyler closer.

After what seemed like an eternity, Tyler was no longer crying. Falling asleep in Josh's arms, he stuffs his head under the older boy's chin.

"There we go, sweet boy." Josh whispers, slowly rocking his baby side to side.

* ^ *

Tyler walks through the front door quietly, doing his best to keep his noise below a mouse squeak. He dims the kitchen lights on just enough so he can see. Taking off his jacket, the brunet stubs his toe on the table's leg. He holds in a few explicit words, biting his tongue before continuing. He starts to take his shoes off when the lights turn completely on. In the doorway to the hall, there stands an angry Josh.

"What. Are. You. Doing?" Josh steams, his head looking like it was close to bursting.

Tyler stops in his tracks as he is taking off his sweatshirt. Leaving it on, Tyler looks down, scared for his life.

"Answer. Me."

"I've been... um, at Brendon's..."

Josh sighs angrily, starting to cry out of anger.

"You know, last time I saw you today was at three in the morning, when I was holding you and trying to get you to calm down. That was twelve hours ago. Twelve, Tyler."

"I-I know—."

"I'm not finished yet." Josh spits, "I wanted to have a fun day with you! When I woke up to see a note from you, I was not happy. But I guess my plans mean nothing to you. So forget it."

They stand three feet away from each other, both boys not making a single sound.

"J—."

"No! I'm done with you."

Tyler's eyes widen, "No, Josh, no. What?" His heart starts to race, so does his mind.

"I said that I'm done with you. At least for the night. Unless you wanna tell me what the hell you've been doing at Brendon's for the past twelve hours?!"