*thirty*

Josh and Tyler finish setting up the pillow and blanket nest in the living room. Tyler was in fuzzy pajama pants and one of Josh's shirts that was kindly "given" to the younger boy.

"Ty, baby, Brendon, Ryan, and Dallon are going to be here in an hour. I was thinking of getting some ice cream—"

"Yeah!"

"Hey, hey," Josh chuckles, "I wasn't finished yet. We can go to the store quickly and get some ice cream and toppings for sundaes? Does that sound good to you, little man?"

Tyler nods, his damp hair bouncing ever so slightly.

Josh grins, lifting Tyler into his arms and making their way to the door after getting the car keys.

"Mmm, you smell so nice, honey. I'm glad I made you take a bath."

Tyler giggles, "Silly." he says, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Good job using your words, little one." Josh praises as he sets Tyler down in the passenger seat, buckling him up.

Josh shuts the door and jogs over to the driver's side before getting in. He'd been working on trying to get Tyler to talk more and more while he was in little space. Even a single word was a good improvement.

The two drove to the store, starting their journey to find ice cream and whatnot.

"Okay, sweetums, you can pick out two flavors." Josh says, holding the shopping basket in one hand, the other wrapped around Tyler's waist.

The brunet stands there for a minute, eyeing all of the flavors that he could choose from. Eventually, he picked out Cookies and Cream and Neapolitan.

"My clever baby, getting four flavors with two cartons. Oh, I love my smart boy." Josh baby talks, bringing in Tyler for a hug.

Tyler's smaller frame made Josh feel like a giant, which he was to Tyler. Exactly a foot taller than the younger boy.

"Okay, lets go get some toppings, shall we?"

The two walk down to where they can find every topping known to man. Tyler eyes the variety with a smile, excited for his friend, and Ryan, to sleep over. With a little help from Josh, the brunet picks out some toppings.

They head to a self-checkout station and leave the store. As Josh pulls out onto the street Tyler takes his free hand in his own, softly kissing it. The older boy smiles, shaking his head ever so slightly.

"What would I do without you, Tyler." He chuckles as they come to a red light.

The brunet just giggles, nuzzling Josh's hand to his cheek. Shortly after, the two boys arrive home. Tyler grabs the bag of goodies while Josh grabs Tyler, gently lifting him into his arms.

"Time to make some food for our three guests, don't ya think, little one? They'll be here shortly so how about chicken nuggets and fries?"

"Mhm." Tyler smiles, jumping up and down.

* ^ *

Right as Josh is taking the meal out of the oven, he hears a knock on the door. He sets the hot pan on the stovetop and walks to the door, but someone crashes into him right as he's about to open it. Jim comes running in to see what all the commotion's about.

"Be careful, buddy. You could've knocked me over." Josh smiles.

Tyler making grabby hands for Josh to pick him up. The older boy lifts him into his arms as he opens the door.

"Hey, guys."

"Hey, Josh, hi Tyty." Dallon says, giving the younger boy a small wave.

Josh looks over to see that Brendon is being held by Ryan, who is nibbling at the boy's nose to make him laugh.