Bitter Karma

--Chapter 30--
Bitter Karma

Dawn just peaked out of the horizon as the male servant covered his mouth, yawning. He had never had this type of rest in ages. For what was the reason that caused it? He glanced downward at the female who curled up into his chest, mumbling nonsense to herself. 'Ah, Yuuki. My best sleep yet is with her, huh... Not going to complain especially if she's the only one fit for me.'

He smiled as he pulled her in just a bit closer to kiss her temple. The feeling upon her forehead made her sigh contently as she sloppily wrapped her arms around the Celtic's chest. He chuckled, enjoying the comfort of her body up against his. 'Now I really regret not being able to have her as my Master. Having that fake priest instead makes me want to puke.' He grimaced at the very thought of it so he looked at his companion's sleeping face until she woke up.

The slight heaving of the male's chest woke the raven up, mumbling a "good mornin'" under her breath as she rubbed her eyes. "Morning love. I see you're enjoying being on top, huh..." He chuckled as she slowly sat up, covering her yawns with the back of her hand. "Hmm...?" Still half-asleep, she stretched her arms not noticing the male's arms snaking around her waist.

He pulled himself right into her stomach and hugged her waist, pretty much laying within her lap. She rubbed her right eye as she glanced down within her lap. "Mo ridire...?" He softly laughed. "Are you still asleep, princess? That's very unusual coming from you. Were you that tired?" She nodded, slightly dozing off in place.

"Geezes... Come back down here then." He removed himself from her lap and pulled her in, her body now encased within his grasp. She snuggled into his embrace, her steady breathing resuming in a constant pattern. His face flushed as he did not expect her to easily comply with his words. 'Shit... Her innocence is making my heart go haywire.' The rhythm of his heart increased erratically, his mind soon followed through with unusual images. 'Out of my head damn images. I am not a savage beast...'

"Yuu..." She lazily hummed at his husky yet graceful voice. "...I love you, you know? I wouldn't have a care in a world as long as you're happy." Sleepy emerald eyes fell upon his strong features on his face as she gently smiled. "I know... I love you too, Cú... You changed how I looked at my life." He instinctively turned away from her view.

"Mo ridireee..." She softly cooed as she saw his ears turn red. "You are the love of my life. If I could... I would want my wish for you to stay here until the day I cease to exist." The Celtic glanced down at his companion, seeing a heartfelt smile that struck at his heart. "Gah..." He held her head close to his chest, obviously to keep her from seeing his blushing of a mess face. "You're really killing me, princess..." The raven giggled as she relaxed within his arms. The two stayed in that position for quite some time before they separated from the sudden noises they heard outside the room.

———

Early morning, the four of them got themselves ready for battle. They had a quick breakfast and spoke about the plan to rescue the female teen. The Auburn male, however, said that his ordeal against Archer was what pretty much caused the entire situation spiral down. The raven sighed, knowing that this could possibly lead to a fight among him and his future self. He explained that the location he chose was the Einzbern villa—the place once filled with the Einzbern family, now deserted and away from the population. She complained that despite it being a wise idea to be away from the crowd, that gave it more of a problem to rescue the female teen. He knew about the consequences yet still decided to go through his way.

As the four reached the villa, the place that was once majestic became a desolated ruin. It was quite unsettling that this place became deserted for how nice it could've been as a summer house. The raven and the teen stepped into the large room where the battle between Gilgamesh and Heracles was once held. "You certainly took your sweet time getting here, Emiya Shirou..." The red-clad servant stood up from where he sat. Both servants stood by the boy's side.