Liquid Rose

--Chapter 5--
Liquid Rose

It has been a couple of days since the raven met with the blue-haired male. Despite the unusual first meeting, she felt like she was at peace with him. What made it more questionable was the new memories that appeared within her dreams. It was warm, comforting, and had bursts of joy in it. She even heard someone's voice that wasn't her parents. One particular memory caught her breath...

--memories--

"Oye. Stop running like that." The voice spoke in a demeaning way. "You're going to fall, Yuu." The child, now five years old, ran across the stone path going ahead of the male. "I will be okay, mo ridire! Look!" The child ran across the path, eventually making cartwheels from one side to the other. As she made her next set of cartwheeling, her foot caught onto a small hole on the ground causing her to tumble. "I told you not to run like that."

The male walked over toward the little girl huffing as she held her painful cries and tears in. He picked her up and held her in his left arm. Instinctively, she wrapped her arms around the male as she buried her face into his neck, still holding back her pains. He felt droplets of warmth slithering down from his neck to the soft part of his clothed shoulder as the child shook in silence. He sighed, patting the young ones back in an attempt to soothe the pain. Her eyes were shut closed, the sound of sniffling was muffled through his shoulder. The little girl's eyes shot opened as she felt something warm that planted onto her temple but only for a moment. She looked up, seeing the male looking away with blush dusted upon his ears.

"Uh... Hey. You stopped." The male glanced back at the child, scratching his cheek as he let out a toothy grin. "No more of your cries, mo banphrionsa. They don't do well with your smile." The young girl just looked at the male with wide eyes before wiping her tears on her sleeve and smiling brightly. "Mnn!" She giggled as somehow the message she said afterward was blocked from the memory. "A-Ahahah... If you are a good couple of years older, then I'll accept them. For now, I'll be your ridire."

--memories--

The female shook her head furiously as the heat rose to her cheeks. She hoped that the possible ideas of what her younger self had said was not what it seemed to be. 'What did my younger self say? This is now making my curiosity go to its peak... Ugh.' She would possibly ask Lancer... but that would end up with her being a blushing mess. She didn't want that at all, however, she was very interested in what it was. She ruffled her hair as she let out an angry huff. "No use in wrapping my head around that memory. I'll... eventually find out, I guess."

She sat up after laying on the couch, idling around as her break. She got up and walked toward her study room, where she saw a complete mess of the room. The raven sighed, picking up loose pages throughout the room. From writings of protection spells, to attack spells, to runes... It never really seemed to have surprised her. She pretty much learned the basics of magic from her parents at a very young age. The rest of the learning... were from the books she had in the study room now. She placed the pages neatly onto one side of the desk and glanced over at her bookshelf. Books awkwardly cluttered around the shelves, some nearly spilling out of the cupboards they were in. The raven repositioned the books neatly back into the shelves, eventually seeing extra space in parts of her shelf. She took a step back, now seeing a neat bookshelf and floor clear of loose pages.

"This will do," she said as she began marking the floor with foreign symbols. The sound of chalk being dragged across the floor echoed the room as she created what seemed to be a magic circle. The female dusted her hands off as she grabbed her new wooden short staff, standing in the middle of the circle. As she began saying incantations, the circle began to glow a hue of light blue surrounding the raven.