Chapter 38: Strong

Drifting , weightless
Waves try to break it
I'd do anything to save it
Why is it so hard to say it?

Harry's POV

It's midnight when we reached Baltimore, the traffic in Arlington was awful so we had to take a stop over at the bed and breakfast along the road. Swift was quiet all through out our trip and it is making me insane. I couldn't read what's going on inside her pretty mind. What's new with it anyway? Ever since high school I never figured out what was in her head. She was always mysterious.

"There is only one room available," she said as I was getting off of her car.

This is our third bed and breakfast, we left the other two cause they had no vacancy, I don't understand why these hostels are fully booked. It's not even a holiday today.

I sense the worry in her face. As much as I would like to spend the night with her in the same room I don't want her to be uncomfortable.

"Get in." I tell her as I unlocked the car. "Let's find another one."

She shook her head. "No." She declines. "Let's just get this one, it's late and I know you are tired,"

"Are you sure?" I asked her.

She gave me a slight nod. "Yeah, I'll go get the room, will you be okay with the bags?"

"Yes," I nodded then pulled out my wallet and handed her my card. "Use this," I tell her.

She looks at me with wondering eyes. "You don't have to, driving me is already causing you so much trouble,"

"No trouble caused, I like doing this," I assured her. "I told you, I'll make it up to you, please."

She sighed in defeat and took the card from my hand. "Okay, I'll meet you inside."

I watched her walked inside the building, as soon as she vanished from my sight, I walked the trunk of the car to get our bags. Honestly, I have a meeting with the interior designer for the car dealership tomorrow, but I cancelled it so I could drive Swift. The thought of her being away is making me crazy, especially when we didn't even talk on how are we going to make 'us' work while I'm in Wake Forest and she is in Manhattan. I wanna make it up to her, those years that were wasted because of a mistake that I did. I wondered if none of those things happened, are we married now? Probably. Cause there is no way in hell that I will let her get away from me. Maybe, at this time, we already have little Taylor or even little me. A smile creeps on my face cause I was fucking day dreaming. Shaking my head, I followed her inside.

The room was small, just a queen size bed, a tiny nightstand and a bathroom. Nothing fancy. What can you expect with a bed and breakfast.

"I'll just take a shower," she says as soon as we got inside the room.

She didn't even wait for me to respond. Her, giving me a cold shoulder is really making me insane. I wanna teased her about me joining her but I decided against it. I know it isn't the right time.

While waiting for her to finish, I took the comforter and laid it on the floor, Swift is being distant and I don't want to push my luck on her. A couple of minutes later, the bathroom door opened and she is already dress in a black nightgown that leaves a little to my imagination.

"Your turn," she said and that brought me back to reality.

I nodded then immediately got up from the floor and ran towards the bathroom. Over the years she just became even more beautiful and very confident. I thoughts to myself as the water flows from my head down to my feet. There are times that I feel like she is a completely different person, like the innocent beautiful girl that I fell in love with was replaced with an even more beautiful but very confident and mysterious woman. Maybe, because it was too long since we were together. The accident must've gotten the best of her. It sure did. Cause it gotten mine. Then, I remembered what my mum told me years ago. When she knelt in front of me, begging to stop looking for her. She says that stopping didn't mean I was giving up, thus, I was only giving both Swift and I sometime to heal and that what's meant to be will be. Maybe this is what she was saying to me. What's meant to be will be.

As I walked out the bathroom, Swift was sitting on the bed with her back rested on the headboard with her phone in her hand and eyes very much focus on the screen. The tiny clock on the nightstand says 1 o'clock in the morning.

The comforter I laid on the floor is now back on the bed.

"You are not seriously sleeping on the floor," she says after a while. She must have notice the wondering look on my face.

Turning to face her while drying my hair I replied, "I didn't want you to be uncomfortable."

"It's fine," she says. "It's not like we are going to have sex if we sleep beside each other," she says frankly.

Though I was a caught a little off guard by what she says, I gave her a slight nod. "Of course," I agreed then settled myself beside her.

After a while, she turned her phone off and put it on the nightstand, then she laid on the bed with her back on the mattress, same position as I am. Both of our eyes are on the ceiling and the awkwardness on the air is too obvious not to notice. Her body is covered by the blanket and I can feel how uncomfortable she is. I am too. Not because I don't want to be with her but because its hard to resist lying beside her, smelling her perfume and not being able to do anything. Not because I am afraid but because I don't want to ruin what we have. Swift build this huge wall between us and I am aware that until now I haven't break it. Not even a little.

"I love you," I whispered but I know she heard it. Then my hand reached for hers under the blanket, her palm is warm and it gave me a soothing feeling.

"Okay," she replied.

Pressing her hand slightly, I intertwined our fingers. She didn't say anything and I took it a signal to pull her towards me and move her hand on my chest. She wrapped her hand around my waist and I slightly kiss her head. God! I've missed this. Just lying down with my arms wrapped around her.

I woke up with Swift heavy breathing on my neck. The clock says eight in the morning, it was surprising that I was able to sleep properly despite how small the bed is, maybe because of Swift. Ever since then, her presence calms me and gives me this unexplanable feeling of comfort. We were still on the same position we were a couple of hours ago.

I lied still as I didn't want to wake her up. She may look differently now, with the way she dress, the way she talks, how straight her shoulder length hair is now, even the way she laughs but seeing her peacefully sleeping I know deep within that strong and seemingly unbreakable woman lies the innocent yet sexy girl I fell in love with.

Her lips slightly parted makes me want to kiss but I decided against it. Waking her up is the last thing I want. She needs to get all the rest she needs as we are still driving for the almost five hours to get to Manhattan. I wonder what will happen when we get there. How is her world in Manhattan? I know she works in an Advertising Company but I didn't know exactly what she does there. Hopefully, her mood this morning is better than yesterday so we can catch up a little.

After a while, she started moving, I released her from my embrace and she turned her back on me. I can still her slight snore which tells me she is still sleeping. Silently, I got off the bed and made my way to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, put on a pair of clean jeans and a white T-shirt then I made my way outside the room. I'll go and check for any food so Swift can eat when she wakes up. I feel like we are on a honeymoon. A smile creeps on my face with the idea. Well, why not? I just got her back and I plan on keeping us honeymoon phase forever.