Chapter 23: The Other Side of the Door

I still leave but all I really want is you
To stand outside my window, throwing pebbles, screaming I'm in love with you
Wait there in the pouring rain and come back for more
But don't you leave cause I know all I need is on the other side of the door

The next morning I woke with something heavy on my stomach and I almost jumped when I saw Liam's arm on me while his body is still on the floor. Taking his arms off of me, I threw his arm back to him a little harder that it woke him. I can't even remember what time I was able to drift off to sleep cause the loud snore of Liam has taken over my entire room.

Getting off of my bed, I turned the blinds up and noticed the blinds from Harry's room are all turned up.

I excitedly reached for my phone that was sitting on the nightstand and looked for any message from Harry but there was none.

Feeling a little disappointed, I walked towards the bathroom to freshen up. Maybe, Harry is still sleeping and he just forgot to pull his blinds down last night.

After changing into something less comfy, which is a pair of denim pants, a black long sleeves shirt and navy blue converse. I made my way downstairs, the coffee maker is turned on, meaning my mother is awake. I opened the front door and on the front porch I found my mom with Aunt Mary having their morning coffee.

"Good morning," I greeted them.

They both gave me a warm smile. I sat beside my mom.

"Good morning beautiful," Aunt Mary replied. "How's Liam? Did you sleep well despite his loud snore?" She asks.

"Yeah, a little," I answered.

Then my eyes caught by Harry's car passing by our house and stopping in front of theirs. Was he awake all this time and didn't bother to send me a text? I felt a pang in my chest.

"Aren't you and Harry going out today for grocery shopping?" My mother asks. "They are on pie duty," then she tells Aunt Mary.

"Yeah, we're meeting up later," I mumbled trying hide the disappointment and hurt that I feel.

"Is that the boy?" Aunt Mary asked.

All of our gaze our stuck on Harry who was now getting off of his car. I feel bad that he didn't even bother glancing at our direction as I would love to introduce him to Aunt Mary.

"Yes," my mom replied.

"He looks like the mysterious guy," Aunt Mary noticed.

My mom sip on her coffee, "He's a nice kid, and British. His mother is a lovely woman, you'll meet her tomorrow they'll be spending Thanksgiving with us." My mom tells Aunt Mary.

"I'll just grabbed something to bite inside," I tell both of them.

They both nodded.

"Sweetie," I was about to head inside when my mom called out. I turned around to face her. "Maybe you could bring Liam with you, for sure he likes to check out the town, he's been away for so long," my mom said.