Chapter 10

Wendy called Gabby the next day to let her know that the guys wanted to do both Palm Springs and Disneyland. They would go to Disneyland on the way down to Palm Springs the day after they got back. They arrived home on December 22 from the Pacific Northwest, so fortunately they weren't all that jet lagged. They had played to over 10,000 concert goers in Seattle, then took a red eye flight and arrived home near dawn and were driven by limo to the Pad. They all fell exhausted into bed and by early afternoon the girls were over with food and preparing a cookout for them.

Everyone agreed to put their libido on hold so that they could all sleep at the Pad and leave early for Disneyland the next morning. But that's not how it went. First Dawn and Peter snuck away to his bedroom and did their thing before anyone had a chance to notice they were gone. Then Davy noticed what was afoot and he was furious that he had been duped into this sucker's game of celibacy and said that the minute they came out of the bedroom, he and Jan had dibs. Unfortunately, Dawn and Peter had gotten high and fell asleep, which was becoming apparent after 2 ½ hours, as even Peter didn't have that much stamina, Davy argued (Dawn would tell him differently if he had asked her).

Finally, Davy banged on the door and rousted them out like an army drill sergeant, red-faced and properly chastened. Then he whistled to Jan, who grabbed a bottle of whisky, Davy's favorite drink, two shot glasses, and said "Pardon me folks, I'm urgently needed elsewhere." Just to spite Peter, Davy got rip roaring drunk and kept Jan in the bedroom for three hours. When she emerged, she looked happy, dazed and was walking a little funny. Dawn raced over to her and said "Honey, you're going to need to get right into a hot bath. I think I've still got some bath salts here from when that happened to me."

Wendy and Gabby exchanged looks and just exploded with laughter. Mike stood up and said "Wendy, honey, how 'bout you and I build a fire on the beach for everyone and we leave Gabby and Micky the Pad for some private reunion time?"

Wendy nodded and started snatching afghans and pillows off the couches and out of the closets. Since she and Mike had been getting theirs nice and regular throughout the tour, they had no need to have sex tonight, or if they fancied it, they could take some of the bedding over to the Nooky Nook.

Gabby and Micky were left sitting on the couch as the others filed out. They were sipping wine and were definitely comfortably squidgy. They just grinned at each other, neither of them saying a word. Finally, Gabby broke the silence.

"Are you trying to think up a fantasy for us, a director's scenario, my Micky?"

Micky shook his head slowly and deliberately. "Nope. Not tonight. Tonight I'm Micky Dolenz, musician who's been on the road without his woman too damned long. Who are you?"

Gabby thought about it and responded "I'm Gabriella Levitt, peace activist and reporter who's been having a less than satisfying love life with her vibrator for several weeks and wants the real thing."

Micky's eyebrows rose to his hairline. "So you got one?!"

"Yeah, I figured I may as well. Not just to help me reach that G-spot but to keep me company when you're away. May as well face it. I'm going to be having an electronic affair for a great portion of my life if I stick with you, dude."

Micky sighed and said "True. Are you okay with that?"

Gabby said "Yeah, I am. It's not bad. In fact, it's pretty groovy."

Micky frowned. "Now don't go getting so used to that – that — thing that I can't compete!"

"Micky, my Micky. My vibrator isn't any match for you on any level. Your licks, your touches, your creative, tantric setups, your fantasies, your loving touch, your shouty noises, your curls I could lose my hands in for days, your . . ."