Chapter 16

Hailey's POV

*two years later*

I'm finally let go from the hospital as apparently after two years I'm proved stable. What they don't know is that I'm the same way, maybe even worse now. I only said things that they wanted to hear, do things they wanted to see. And when I said I never saw Justin again I meant it. It's been two years and I haven't seen him, but I have learned a hard lesson. Promises are meant to be broken.

I'm now 18 so they were able to let me go and not force me to stay with my parents so I'm currently on the roof of the hospital. What am I doing here you might ask, simple. Suicide. The thoughts have only gotten worse. I'm ready, but this time no one is here to save me. I don't even want to be saved, I stopped believing in Prince Charming a long time ago. I don't understand why I'm still talking to you when I could have ended my pain already.

They say ending your life is the most peaceful thing you could go through, well they are wrong. Although I ran out of tears a long time ago, there's this deep sadness inside me. I'm never going to have a husband or have any kids. I'm never going to wake up one morning and look beside me and think, "I love him." I'm not going to get my promised happy ending. Although it's hard to believe, there's something inside me that wants to live to see another day. But tomorrow will only be worse.

I'm on the edge of the corner of the roof now, just daring myself to jump or just simply step off it. A part of me is waiting for someone or something to save me but after 10 minutes I know there's no one to be my hero. Even though I'm anxious to get this over with I need to do one more thing. My mother used to always sing me this song before I fell asleep at night before my life turned to hell. She said that this song is a reminder to everyone to smile away your pain, even when it seems impossible.

"Smile though your heart is aching

Smile even though it's breaking

When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by

If you smile through your fear and sorrow

Smile and maybe tomorrow

You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness

Hide every trace of sadness

Although a tear may be ever so near

That's the time you must keep on trying

Smile, what's the use of crying?

You'll find that life is still worthwhile

If you just smile

That's the time you must keep on trying

Smile, what's the use of crying?

You'll find that life is still worthwhile

If you just smile"

And as a tear slid down my face, and I stepped off the edge of the roof, I smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------

Authors Note

I'm sorry I haven't updated I couldn't decide what to make the ending. So here it is. Yes, she committed suicide and she is dead. There will be no miracle. There will be no superman because honestly, this is reality. A kiss won't wake her up and Justin won't magically pull her back when she's about to fall. It's over. This is the last full chapter I will be doing, and then an epilogue and I'll be done. I'm extremely upset that the book ended already! I love all of you guys reading and thank you so much for being here. sorry for making it a sad ending!

-M