Chapter 14

Hailey's POV

*2 weeks later*

It's been two weeks. TWO WEEKS. Since Justin left me, promising to come back. I guess I shouldn't hold on to that sliver of hope that he's coming back. The doctor broke the news to me, that since Justin isn't here, I'll have to stay for quite a while. I've been alone these past two weeks, and honestly, if anything were to make commit suicide it would be this place. The constant annoying beeping of the machines, being treated like a five-year-old, being alone, everything!

"Hailey?"

I'm hearing things.

"Can I come in?"

It can't be.

"I'm really sorry."

Justin?

"Come in!" I yelled. And walked in was Justin. I don't know whether to be happy, angry, sad, but all I feel is shock. He came back. Out of all the odds, he came back.

He smiled at me, clearly ashamed. "Where- why- when-" I just couldn't get the words out. "I'm so sorry. It was like an impulse. I was going to come back, as promised," So he remembers he promised. "But I just couldn't. Knowing I was the reason you were in here, it-it just got to be too much." He said flailing his arms around. What was I supposed to say? 'Oh, of course, I forgive you!' No. It doesn't work like that.

"Well, then you shouldn't have brought me here at all," I said firmly. He looked at me incredulously. "What was I supposed to do?" He asked. I felt anger boil up in me. "I don't know! But if you weren't going to be there for me you shouldn't have been there at all!" I yelled. "So what was I suppose to do? Let you die?" He yelled. "Maybe you were!" I yelled back. Wait- die? "Hold up. Die? All I did was break my arm." I said eyeing him suspiciously. "Well you lost a lot of blood, and you were knocked out, and you did die for a few minutes." He said running his fingers through his hair. I died?!?! Why didn't god take me? I guess I'm not good enough for god either. I took a deep breath. "Here's the most important question," I started off. He looked at me with expectant eyes. "Why did you come back?" I asked.

He was quiet for a long time, and in that time I got a good look at him. He didn't look bad, but not good either. He looked well kept and stuff, but it was his face that gave him away. He had that tired, drained look on his face. His eyes were bloodshot too. "Because you need me." He says finally. Now it was my turn not knowing what to say.

"I don't NEED you. I don't need anyone." I lied. He laughed sarcastically. "I talked to all the nurses and your doctor. You are doing worse without me, and I'm sorry for that." He said sincerely. "I am not doing worse. I'm doing better. I don't think my body needs you to heal." I said sternly. I realized I don't want him here. I don't wanna get hurt anymore. I give up on him, or he gave up on me. Either way, I'm done with him. Well fed up is more accurate.

"Your body is doing fine," He spat. "It's your fucked up head." That one hurt. His eyes glazed with anger slowly seeping down until I couldn't find the calm Justin that came in here. "What about my fucked up head?" I asked, acting as if it didn't hurt. "Everyone noticed when each day passes by, you got sadder, and sadder, and sadder." He said and each time he said 'sadder' he was getting into my face more and more, there was probably only an inch of space between us. I kept my hard facade on my face firmly. "It wasn't because of you. It was because I had time to think. Thinking means thoughts. Thoughts are just simple elements before actions. And actions, at least the ones I'm thinking of doing, aren't good. So I don't really expect them to find butterflies and rainbows in there." I said leaning closer to his face as. He moved back with every word.

"Not the whole world revolves around the amazing Justin Bieber!" I say sarcastically doing a "happy" hand movement. His anger just seems to boil hotter.

"You think I don't fucking know that!" He yells. I flinch back automatically. "I don't know what you know. I don't know what you think, and honestly, I don't want to know." I said back coldly, regaining my composure. "Well, I do know that the world doesn't revolve around me smartass." He rolled his eyes and sat down on the chair.

That seemed to be the end of it.

I slowly see the anger dissolve out of his eyes slowly, like watching an hourglass with sand in it watching it sink to the bottom.

After about 40 minutes he looks me in the eye. "Sorry." He said taking my hand in his. I pulled my hand away from his. "No," I said shaking my head, laying back down. "No?" He asked. "No. I refuse to get my 'fucked up head' -as you put it- hurt again. So I suggest you leave and forget about me, and live the rest of your life Hailey free." I said calmly.

He looked at me stunned.

I felt a burning sensation in my eyes, meaning I'm probably gonna cry. I refuse to cry in front of him any more than I already have. "What I don't want to live my life Hailey-free?" He asked. "Well then..." I honestly didn't know what to say to that. He grabbed my hand again. I tried to pull back again but he just held tighter. "Well, then you have control your temper," I said. His lips turned into a firm, thin line. "I'm sorry for that. I didn't mean it." He said looking past me at nothing. I snapped my fingers in front of him, but when he looked at me the anger was back. Why is he angry now???

I tried to pull my hand away again, harder. He just held on even tighter. "Let go, Justin," I said trying again. "Justin!" I yelled when he squeezed tighter. It was starting to hurt. Tears came to my eyes. He's gonna hurt me again. I just know it. "Justin," I said weakly trying again. I felt the tears roll down my cheeks.

All the sudden he just- boom. Snapped out of it.

He looked at our hands and my tears. He quickly let go. "I'm so sorry." He murmured. I stretched out my hand. "Justin, why do you get so angry? I just said control your temper and BOOM you zone out and hurt me." I said furrowing my eyebrows. He looked at me and wiped the rest of my tears with his thumb. "I don't know," He whispered. "Everyone I've ever known has said the same thing. Sometimes I just snap, and it takes a lot to snap out. I'm so sorry." He explained.

I looked down at my thumbs. "I need you to get out," I said quietly. "I understand that you're probably scared of me-" I looked at him with a look I'm sure looked pretty scary itself. "I'm not scared of you. I'm terrified. I'm terrified that you might snap again and just kill me that time. I'm terrified whether or not you're going to hurt me emotionally so much, I'll end it right here right now. I'm terrified of how if I do end it here I'll go to hell. I'm just terrified." I said waving my hands around. He looked stunned. He was about to grab my hand again, but I took it away so fast it was a blur even to me. I scooted all the way to the wall and curled up into a ball while sitting up.

"Don't touch me," I said holding back a sob. He licked his lips and looked at me desperately for a moment. "You shouldn't be afraid of me." He said finally. "Well bullying me for God knows how many years sure helped," I muttered. His lips formed that line again. Why am I so stupid as to provoke him? "Justin, I'm sorry. It just slipped out. I-I'm sorry." I said barely keeping from shaking. I saw one by one his whole body relax. "See. I can control my temper just fine." He said looking directly into my eyes. "It took a long time, though, and me having to apologize," I said quietly. He blinked just a millisecond longer than usual and his eyes were cold when he opened them again. "J-Justin, I need you to go. You're going to hurt me again. I can see it in your eyes. Please just go." I say breathing heavily of fear. He didn't move an inch.

"Justin?" I asked hesitantly. "I'm going to go for a while. I'll be back. I promise, and I'll keep that promise this time." He said getting up with clenched fists. "Ok." I squeaked. He looked at me one more time with sorrow. He took a deep breath and forced a smile. "I'll see you soon." and with that, he left and left me to my own thoughts.

----------------------------------------

Authors Note

OMFG GUYS 36k READS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT AGSJCJDJDJ THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH. I LOVE YOU ALL.

JUST WHAT U GUYS R DOING reads

50 comments

50 votes

-M

P.s LOVE U GUYS