Chapter 15

Hailey POV

How am I going to ever live with Justin if I keep provoking him and he wants to keep hurting me? Sure, he has a good side, unlike my parents, but his bad side is so bad I don't know what to do anymore. It just seems impossible to ever be near him for more than 30 minutes!

It's been about 3 hours since he left and I'm terrified of him coming back. I know he'll be all calm when he comes back but I know I'll say something to make him snap. I don't want to get hurt anymore, in any way. I need to leave or something. Maybe change rooms, or escape the whole building! I can't even get out of bed, how am I supposed to do that?

I'm facing the wall and I start counting tiles to pass the time. I hate having to lay down all the time and having nothing to do. I want to listen to music but I know if I go in my book bag I'll see the razor and start cutting. Maybe I'll ask Justin to get it while he's still calm. I hope my sketch book and pencil is in there too.

I count to 108 tiles before I hear the door open and hear Justin quietly say, "I'm back." I don't have the strength to say anything, or there's too much fear. I felt him sit on the bed so I scooted as far against the wall as possible, I felt the cold tiles on me and it felt good and relaxing.

Justin laid down beside me. I felt my breathing pick up from fear. I guess he saw it or heard it because he put his arm around me and said, "I know you're afraid of me, but I'm just trying to help. Will you let me help?" By now my breathing has stopped because of how close he was. I really need him to back away. "Please back up," I said but it sounded more like a squeak. He didn't move he just took a deep breath and sighed. He somehow picked my body up and turned me towards him. He looked me with his brown eyes and said, "No. I need to be close to you." What? Need? That's over exaggerating quite a bit. "Why?" I asked. "So I have something to focus on instead of zoning out and hurting you." He said, his eyes practically pleading me to just let it go and let him be.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm ok with you being this close," I said trying to be as nice as possible so he doesn't blow up. His eyes started getting cold and I knew I was in trouble. I immediately curled up in a ball praying he doesn't hit me. His arm was tense around my back. I felt tears welled up in my eyes as I prepare for the pain.

Then, he relaxed. "See, I'm ok now." He said. I was still curled up in a ball. He started rubbing my back gently, making me relax the slightest bit. Maybe if I stay still long enough he'll think I'm sleeping and go. "Please show me your face." He demanded. What do I do? I showed him a part of my eye. I was expecting anger to show on his face, but instead, I found sincerity. "A little more?" He asked smiling a tiny bit. I showed him a part of my cheek. I think he gave up because he sighed and pushed the hair in my face back.

"Why can't you just be happy with me?" He asked. Is he serious? Is he really that stupid? "Oh you know, all you did was bully me for who knows how long. I mean I can't just forget about that." I explained. "I know you can't forget, but you could at least forgive." He pleaded. "No Justin!!!" I almost yelled. "Why not?" He asked calmly. "I already told you! Please leave! I'm done with all your shit!" I yelled. "You know what? Fine, I'll leave. But don't come back crying saying you need me." He said coldly, getting up. "I won't," I said.

Let's just say I never saw Justin again.

-----------------------------------------

Hey, guys, I'm sorry it took so long, but I've been really busy. and IM GOING TO EGYPT TOMORROW. Which means I won't be able to update for 5 weeks :/ but anywayyyy

50 votes

50 comments

And a lot of reads :)

-M