Ch. 26: Just Two Friends Hanging Out

{Ross' POV~}

I can't believe Laura actually agreed to come over! Yeah sure I kind of had to beg her and say Rydel missed her. Truth is Delly won't even be at home. No one will. It will be just me and Laura, and that's exactly what I wanted.

The final bell finally rings and I managed to get to Laura's locker before she did. I have this weird feeling she's gonna try to 'skip' hanging out with me. Because oh 'I have homework' or 'sorry my dad called'. Sorry Laura but I know how you think.

Within the crowd of people all walking to their lockers I spot the tiny brunette. People think she's hard to find, not for me. I wave at her but I don't think she could see; and then all the sudden I couldn't see her.

"Stop!" I heard a scream, Laura's scream. Did she fall or something.

"Laura! I'm coming don't worry!" I yelled running into the crowd. I found Laura standing by the bathroom door.

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask, knowing she's upset.

"Someone kicked me and I fell. People have been treating me like dirt all day and I don't know why." Laura's eyes watered and she looked down.

Without saying anything I intertwined our fingers together, "Lets go to your locker."

She nods and lets go of my hand walking up in front of me. It was then I noticed what was on her back. A pink sticky note that said 'Kick me, I'm not awesome'. That's when I felt anger rising in me. Who would put that on such a sweet girl. Laura is so awesome! She should not be kicked at or picked on at all. She treats people right, only to get treated wrong.

Running up behind her I grabbed the sticky note and pulled it off her shirt.

"Ross, what are you doing!" Laura startles.

I showed her the sticky note and she just broke down crying again.

"No no no no, don't cry." I begged her. I hate it when she cries. It's like being whacked in the head constantly until she stops.

"Who would do this to me?" She sobs, "Everyone hates me!"

"No, nobody hates you. I don't hate you." I try to assure her.

I couldn't help but wonder...who did this? Who really does hate Laura. Then someone popped up in my head...Casey.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

After stopping her from crying, I took Laura to my place. She didn't try to get out of it all, but she hasn't said anything the whole way here.

I took a seat on the couch and she sat across from me on a different couch. Her head tipped downward, she's crying again..

"Laura." I say calmly. Wanting to get attention.

She looks up at me with more tears in her eyes. Three months ago I could never have imagined seeing Laura as a broken down girl. Now it's become something regular.

"You want anything?" I ask her, she only shakes her head. Sighing, I get up and walk over to her. Plopping down right next to her.

She looks at me and brings her knees to her chest, laying down with her head on my lap. I had not expected this.

Quietly I began singing to her. It must be working because I feel her breathing regulate and slow down.

Just when I think she's fallen asleep on me, Laura's head pops up.

"Hey." I smile.

"Hey." She half smiles back.

I starred at her lips, god I want to kiss her right now. I wonder if she wants to kiss me.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

{Laura's POV~}

God dammit, he looks perfect. His hair flopping off to to side, deep, dark, brown eyes, and that smile. It's so contagious.

My smile wants to get bigger, but I don't want it too. I won't let it happen.

"So uh where is everyone?" I ask him. His sister was supposed to be here and I had expected the rest of his family too.

"I don't know, I don't keep track of them." He answers, causing me to chuckle a bit.

"Alright Lynch, tell me the truth why am I really here. Rydel isn't here so she must not have missed me that much." I crossed my arms, I already know the real reason.

He looks at me like he's debating with himself. Debating whether he should lie or tell the truth.

I starred him down a little more before he finally cracks.

"Alright fine, truth is I wanted you here. I want to be friends again." He says.

"We are friends?" I say, laughing.

"Well you confuse me sometimes." He says.

"I'm sorry. I'll have to make up for it someday." I reply.

His eyes wander downward and then look back up at me, "Maybe you could...right now." He mumbles.

"Like how?" I giggle.

There's a silence that lasts for a good minute before he finally speaks.

"Kiss me."

"What?"

"I said, kiss me...please Laura." He begs.

Why was I stupid enough to come over here! I knew this would happen!

"Ross, we're just two friends hanging out. Your still my ex that cheated on me." I sigh. Okay, maybe I do have slight feelings for him. But I promised myself I wouldn't give in.

"Laura, I love you. These last few months have been absolute hell. I know you think the same thing. I've tried so many times to tell you this, but you never listen. I can't help it anymore, I can't live without you anymore." He says looking for a way back into my heart.

And then I feel sparks, when his lips smash against mine.

The kiss lasts for only ten seconds and we pull away from each other. My mind is exploding and my stomach is alive with swarming butterflies.

Ross looks at my shyly, "I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to do it."

He had left me speechless. I couldn't answer him.

"Laura, I don't know if your still with Jackson or not...but I hope that we can be together again."

"I haven't seen him for the past three days..."

"Laur, take it from me. He's dangerous."

"I should break up with him. He's probably cheated on me with ten girls by now." I sigh for the third time in a row.

He smiles as if I brightened up his day, I probably did actually.

"But that doesn't mean I'm just gonna go out with you right away." I tell him.

"I know, but I will win your heart back Laur." He smirks and I start blushing. I'm already loosing this battle.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow." I say and walk out the door.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
A/N: Raura's coming back, boo yah!

Please comment and vote!

-Hannah