Ch. 25: Love Essay

(Buckle up people, this is gonna be a long one😎 and don't worry it's not the last chapter.)

{Ross' POV~}

Slowly, I picked myself up off the ground. It's a bit sore between my legs... I still can't believe Laura would ever do something like that.

Walking slowly back into the school, no one was in the halls. Great now I'm gonna be late. Laura probably ditched and went home.

I too just wanted to go home so I went to the nurse and told her I was sick. She allowed me to call someone to pick me up. I called Riker.

Ten minutes passed before he arrived and I slowly climbed into the car.

"Dude what's wrong? I know your not sick." Riker says as he starts driving.

"Laura kicked me in the balls and I'm a little sore so shut up..." I answered unhappily.

Riker chuckles, "Ooh that hurts just thinking about it."

I shot him a glare and he turned all his attention back to the road. Why did I even tell him that, now he'll tell everyone else and I'm gonna be teased all day.

We got back home and mom came to hug me.

"My poor little baby," she puts her hand on my forehead, "At least you don't have a fever."

"Mom, he's fine." Riker says, I could tell by looking at him that he wanted to laugh.

Mom looks at me, "Why did you come home from school if your not sick?"

"Because-" I tried to explain, but Riker answered for me.

"Laura kicked him in the nuts."

I looked at him angrily as he started laughing. Mom and dad giggled a little too. I rolled my eyes and went up to my room. I was probably better off staying at school.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

{Laura's POV~}

I sat in my room with tears in my eyes. I've been doing this a lot lately. So it's all too familiar.

My dad has been working constantly so I'm home alone. I wish my sister was still here..

She'd know what to do.

Right now I'm so lost, I'm ready to give up. Give up forever.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

It's 11:15 am, time for my English class. I remember when this was my favorite class. The time of the day that always made me happy. Now it's just another homework assignment. More stress to add to the pile already the size of Mount Everest sitting on my shoulders.

Taking a seat in my desk, now in the way back of the room I noticed Ashley and Rosie up front. They were talking and laughing, they looked happy with a big smile on their face.

Hearing noises beside me I looked to my side and saw him...again.

"I was forced to sit here..." He sighed and sat down in the desk next to mine.

"It's fine Ross.." I replied with no enthusiasm what so ever.

It was weird sitting next to him. I felt like I was personally connected to him. Like he was my hero or something. Like he was what I needed.

I was in deep thought when the teacher passed out papers. It laid on my desk so peacefully, but I didn't bother to look.

"These are the sheets assigning your partner and topic."