Ch. 19: Stuck in Thought

{Laura's POV~}

6:30 PM

Jackson will be here any minute. I'm all ready with a full face of makeup on. I'm wearing skinny jeans and a cute pink top since we're going to a carnival.

I jump once I hear a knock on the door. Dad was still at work so I didn't need to worry about him answering it.

"Coming!" I holler as I run down the hall to the door. Opening it up to find a handsome looking Jackson. I really hope I'm not falling for him, but how could that ever happen?

Jackson steps inside smiling at me, "You look sexy and beautiful." He compliments me.

"Thanks, you look nice too." I reply, afraid to call him sexy.

He reaches out for my hand, but I don't take his hand so he pulls his hand back to his side.

"Ready to go?" He asks, gesturing to the door.

I nod and follow him out to his car. Why am I doing this?

Sitting in the passenger seat as Jackson drives got me thinking. I am wasting my time! Why am I doing going on a date with Jackson! Again!

"You hungry? We can eat before the carnival if you'd like." He interrupts my thoughts.

"Wha- oh um sure." I stumble over my own words. Trying to keep focus now. I'll just go on the date with him tonight and then I'll never talk to him again.

Jackson takes me to Subway since we both wanted to eat fast.

We sat at a table near the window and ate our sandwiches across from each other.

As I looked out the window I could see dark rain clouds coming. Maybe our date will get rained out and he can just take me back home.

"Maybe you wanna skip the carnival and just go to my house? Ya know since it looks like it's gonna rain." Jackson says suddenly.

Jumping out of my thoughts once again I turn to look at him, "Umm I don't know..."

"Why? Don't you want to still go on our date?" He questions me.

"Um." I hesitated, "It's just I don't feel really well." I lie pretending to be sick.

Jackson looks like he feels sorry for me, "Oh I'm sorry..." He trails off, "I can take you home then."

Without saying anything I just nod.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Thanks for the ride home. I had fun." I say to Jackson. He just dropped me off and we are saying goodbye.

"I did to. See ya Laur." He says giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. He goes back to his car and drives off.

Shutting the door I sigh. I feel horrible for lying to him. Jackson is sweet, I just don't have feelings for him. I don't have fun when I'm around him.

The door opens and my dad comes in.

"Oh hey Laura." He smiles at me.

"Hey dad, where were you?" I asked.

"I just got home from work. I had to work the late shift today." He explains.

"Oh...well I'm going to bed. I have a big test tomorrow." I say, even though there is no test tomorrow. Even if there was, I wouldn't really care.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

{Ross' POV~}

It's only morning and everyone already knows I quit the team. It's quite embarrassing. I don't like people gossiping about me. I don't even feel like I'm popular anymore.