Ch. 6: Liar Liar

{Laura's POV~}

After sitting on the ground, crying for an hour. I finally decided to get up and get back to school. My feet dragged behind me and my eyes still remained wet.

I went to my locker and Ashley popped up by my side.

"Hey Laura, what's wrong?" She asked me, putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

Before I could answer, I broke out crying. I leaned into my locker to hide my face.

"Laura..." She said again.

I faced her and slid my back down the locker next to me until I was sitting on the ground, "I had to b-break up with Ross." I sobbed, smashing my face into my palms.

"What! Why?" Ashley asks in shock.

"Because of the rumors." I sniffled, trying to keep from crying so she can understand me.

"What rumors?" She asks.

"You were the one who told me about them! People can't think I'm pregnant and the only way to convince them was if we broke up." I explained through tears and a froggy voice.

Ashley turned a pale color as she looked at me, "Laura...I need to tell you something." She sighed.

I didn't say anything, I just patted a spot next to me on the floor.

She sat down beside me, for some reason at least a foot away.

Ashley looked at the ground, "Laura, those rumors aren't true. No one thinks that. I just made it all up because...I'm jealous of you."

Suddenly I felt my tears stop and my blood began to boil in anger.

"What?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry." She quickly said, "Your probably going to hate me forever. I'm the worst best friend in the whole world." She was sobbing now.

Without saying anything else I got up and left. I left that selfish bitch on the floor alone. I don't even care anymore. I just need to find Ross. I need to explain to him what happened. But what if he's mad and doesn't want to talk to me?

I finally found him heading into the gymnasium. Along with a few of his buddies.

"Ross!" I shouted. He turned and looked at me. He didn't seem mad, or happy. To he honest I don't know how he feels right now.

I quickly ran up to him and he caught me in his arms.

"Ross, Ashley lied." I told him.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"She lied to me. She made up all those rumors. She wanted us to break up. But they're fake." I said.

"Does that mean?" He asked.

I nodded and I could finally shed some happy tears. He spun me around and hugged me tightly.

"Ross, I'm sorry for ever breaking up with you. I was just scared, I didn't know what I should do." I apologized.

"It's okay Laur, I understand. I'm just glad we're back together now. I love you so much." He says, causing me to smile. I feel him place his soft lips on my forehead.

I smiled before I broke down crying into his chest.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I just can't believe my best friend would do something like that..." I sniffed and he kisses my cheek. "I'm so glad I have you." I said, trying to smile through my tears.

"Me to, baby." He replied. His strong arms tightened around me and I'm hoping he never lets go.

"Laura..." A quiet voice comes from behind me. I looked in Ross' eyes, he was glaring.

I already know who it is. I can recognize that voice because I've known that voice since I was twelve. It's Ashley's. But I don't really want to hear her voice right now.

"Laura, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry to you too, Ross." Ashley said. I finally turned to stare at her. She had her hands folded as she starred at the ground. When she finally looked up, I could see the guilt and shame in her face.

"I know you probably hate me...probably forever, but I just want you to know that I'm very sorry and I've realized what I've done was wrong. I just can't believe I actually became jealous. Jealous enough to try and crush you." Ashley says and I really took it into thought. Then I heard her sobbing. Ashley was actually crying. Is she really that sorry?

I know if I keep looking at her, I'll forgive her much too easily. So I do what I always do when I'm scared. Turned and hid my face in Ross' chest. He put a reassuring hand on my back and began whispering sweet things into my ear.

I lifted my head up and saw that Ashley was no longer around. She must have realized that I wasn't going to forgive her that easily. And that's right. There's no way in hell I can ever forgive her without a very, very good reason.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. It was supposed to be longer but I ran out of time and I didn't want to leave you guys hanging any longer. I will update again sometime this weekend, you never know.

Please comment and vote!

-Hannah(: