Ch. 2: Pool Battle

{Laura's POV~}

Just as I finished adding the final touches to my hair and makeup, the doorbell rang. Yay, Ross is here! I hurry to the door and let him in.

"Laura you look way too beautiful." He complimented.

"I have to for such a big party." I giggled, "And for you."

"I like you just the way you are. With or without makeup, big or little, clean or dirty, I love you." He says giving me a hug. I feel myself blushing as I hug him back, he left me speechless.

"So are you ready to go?" He asks, still hugging me.

I nod into his shoulder, "Yes."

We pull apart and he takes my hand in his, walking me out the door to his car. At one point I trip down the stairs on the porch, but Ross catches me.

"Careful babe." He tells me and I blush.

He opens up the car door for me before getting in on the other side. What a gentlemen.

"You okay?" Ross asks as we were driving. He must've noticed that I wasn't my usual self as I leaned my head on the window.

"Yeah. It's just Jackson was flirting with me today." I sighed, feeling awkward about it.

"We don't have to go to the party. We could have or own fun instead." Ross replies, placing a hand on my knee.

"Nah, we can go. Besides I already told Ashley I'd be there." I say to him, continuing to stare out the window.

"We're here." Ross announced. I looked around and saw many more cars parked around the huge house...or should I say mansion.

Ross held my hand as we entered the party. It was crazy inside for being a party at someone's house. Where is this kids parents?

"Ross. Laura. So glad you could make it." Jackson just happened to meet us first.

I decided that I'd let Ross do all the talking.

"Yeah, dude this party is insane." Ross replies looking around.

"Glad you think so. Anyways there's beer and vodka in the fridge, a disco in the living room, and the bedrooms are upstairs." Jackson says with a smirk.

I already felt like leaving. Jackson makes me feel so uncomfortable. But I don't want to drag Ross away from all the fun.

"Ross, your not going to drink, are you?" I asked him. I sure hope he doesn't we're only 18 years old, seniors in high school.

"Umm no." Ross answered hesitantly. I could tell by his hesitation that he did actually want to drink.

"Ross I know you want too, but you're underage. Promise me you won't." I pleaded. I don't really want to spend my time with someone who's drunk.

"Okay Laura, I promise." He promises me.

"Thanks." I say giving him a small hug, "Now lets go dance!" I say excitedly dragging him to the dance floor where a bunch of other couples were dancing together.

I pushed him away when he decides to start grinding on me, "Really Ross." I try to sound serious but it comes out like a laugh.

"I know you like that." He answered cockily and kissing my cheek. The feeling of his lips lingers on my skin. "Want me to get you some punch?" He asks.

"Sure." I replied and he left making his way through the crowd to where the punch was. Who knew that Jackson's party would be this huge.

"Laura, oh my gosh! You actually came!" Ashley squeals when she finds me.