Ch. 1: Boyfriends Before BFFs

{Ross' POV~}

The crowd was on their toes, crazed over this next play. We'll see who wins. The game is currently tied. With only one winner and only a minute left of the forth quarter it's now or never. We could still win this. Sweat rains down my face as I get ready to hopefully make a winning play and lead my team to victory. Our opponents are undefeated so far. It's a tough game. I can hear the cheerleaders cheering on the sidelines. My beautiful girlfriend always screams the loudest so I do my best to win every game for her.

I get ahold of the football and pass it over to the fastest running back hoping he'd manage to weave through the other team and score a touchdown. But of course it doesn't happen. They always say if you want something done right, you do it yourself. With only one play left for my team that's exactly what I'm going to do.

As soon as my hands have that ball I sprint as fast as I can, dodging all the guys trying to take me down. I can hear the crowd getting crazier and some of them are standing up, hoping for a win. My feet pass over the line, I just scored the winning touchdown.

The field is then filled with screams. I did a little dance and throw the football straight in the air. The scoreboard changes and my team was six points ahead, but the time was already a big zero.

Jake Bradly, the quarterback of the other team approaches me. He gives me a high five like any good sport, "Good game." He says simply before walking off, holding his helmet at his side.

I smiled to myself, "Hey, you two!" I shouted after him.

Next my whole team comes up to me all of them patting me on the back and shouting multiple things at me all at once.

"Nice job out there Ross. You really showed them who's the best team." Randy Berry chuckles.

"Yeah! Dude that was rossome!" Jordan Mcgard teases using my embarrassingly stupid nickname.

"Thanks guys, but you all did great too." I say, proud to be apart of such a close team.

"Rossy!" I heard. Only one person calls me that. I smile to myself. Everyone moves aside and I see Laura pushing her way towards me.

"Hey babe." I greeted her as she ran into my arms.

"Rossy! You did so good! I'm so proud of you!" Laura exclaims wrapping her arms around me. The whole team awes.

I leaned down and gave her a kiss on the top of her head, "I never would have been able to do it without your cheering." I say and Laura giggles.

"Awe Rossy-"

"Hey shut up Randy! Only I can call him that." Laura scolds, interrupting Randy before he could get a word in.

Randy puts a scared look on his face and turns around heading into the locker room, the rest of the team follows him. Laura and I were now alone on the field, with one light still glowing.

"Sure is romantic out here." Laura sighs, looking around.

I smirked, "It is." I agreed. Laura smiles at me and I pull her towards me, smashing my lips against hers. I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest guy on earth.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

The Next Day•

"Hey Ross you played great last night." Multiple people told me. To be honest I've never even talked to some of these people.

Laura held onto my arm as we took a seat at our usual lunch table. It was where all the populars sat.

"Ashley! I'm in love with those shoes!" Laura exclaims gushing over her best friend Ashley's shoes.