Chapter 11 (Edited)

------Bennie's POV------

The day progressed soon after my return, I was well received considering most of the pack was convinced I had died.

It wasn't until hours later when I had taken a stroll alone, that I remembered something vital.

I made my way back to the pack house and knocked on Alpha Lican's door.

"Enter." He spoke and I pushed the door open.

"Alpha, forgive the intrusion but I must ask if I may see my parents again."

He was silent for a moment before answering.

"May I ask why?" He questioned.

"It is something the gods said to me, about my heritage." I replied.

"Ah yes, Ace told me you were taken up to Olympus on matters relating to your lineage, perhaps if you told me I would be more willing to give you certain liberties with the prisoners." He shrugged and sat back in his leather desk chair.

I sat in the chair across from the desk and sighed.

"Last year I was taken from your pack, I doubted my parents' love for me and in turn this caused me to become very sheltered. I was suppressing some sort of power that was not given to me from the gods." I replied.

He rubbed his jaw and pondered this for a moment. 

"And if this power didn't come from the gods, then where did it come from?" He asked.

"Now you are asking the right questions." I leaned back in my chair.

"Your blood must not be matched to our Lycan ancestors, otherwise they would not have had any reason to doubt your blood ties to them. Zeus, he sees you as an intruder?" He continued.

"I suppose you could say it was something like that, he feels my presence as though it does not belong here." I answered.

"And you are here to find whatever it was that brought you here, whoever it was must be back in that case. You can not remember, so they must observe." He spoke, more to himself than to me.

"I can not speak on such things, but it appears, I did not have to." I smiled and the Alpha smirked.

"Come on, I'll take you to them personally." He gestured for me to stand and follow him, and I trailed behind him the entire way.

Finally, we came to the holding chamber. It was quite a distance away from the house, I remembered being told it was somewhere around half a mile. 

"They're through the doors and to the left. We kept them here, thinking you would return soon but when that became apparent that it was no longer possible we sentenced them ourselves." Alpha Lican spoke as he opened the door to the building.

It was small and dark inside, it smelled of stale food and iron bars and rusted chains. I looked to my left and sure enough, two figures sat on the dusted ground and read books adjacent each other.

"Prisoners, you have a visitor." One of the guards from Alpha Lican's pack spoke as he rattled their cell.

They looked up and glanced at the Alpha before looking to me and slowly standing.

"So, you've returned." My mother spoke first.

"I have." I replied, earning a scoff from my father.

"You little bitch, you disappeared on us for an entire-" 

The Alpha silenced his words with his growl and he backed away from the cell gates.

"As I've said before, you put yourselves here. Now, there is some information I will need from you, I have some questions that I believe you have the answers to."