Chapter 22 (Edited)

-----Solina/Bennie POV-----

"Someone broke through the portal? How is this possible?" Silas questioned. 

"When I went to visit the potion master I questioned him about the probability of someone coming to this world. He made it sound as if it were quite possible." I replied. 

"Did he mention how?" He asked. 

"I believe he attributed it to desire and willpower. The guards found nothing, no traces of anyone in or around the castle. I'm having them search the gardens, they're quite vast so I don't expect a report until tomorrow." 

"What was written on the stone?" He asked. 

"It said, 'come home'." I said. 

He sat up in the bed, his eyes holding slight flickers of anxiety. 

"So it's true, someone has broken through." He sighed. 

"We don't know that for sure, once I have confirmation from the guards we can arrange for a search party. Until then, I do not want your thoughts to become preoccupied by this trick." I cupped his face in my hands and he leaned into me, turning his head to place a kiss in the center of my palm. 

"I will do as you ask, my love. However, if there is news I will not rest until we find who has done this. And they will answer to justice, in this world or theirs." He became incredibly serious, his voice dipping an octave lower and his eyes darkening with each word. 

Before I could respond, one of the guards entered, bowing as she spoke. 

"Forgive me, your majesty, but there's been a development and the lady Solina instructed us to come to her with any news." 

I stood. 

"Go on then, what happened?" I questioned. 

"We were searching the gardens when we came across something rather strange." 

Silas sat up, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and standing with the assistance of the bed frame. 

"What was it?" He inquired further. 

"This." She pulled a small, black square from her pocket.

"Solina, my love, if you would." Silas gestured for me to approach the guard. 

I nodded and took the square between my fingers. 

I turned it over in my hands and realized it was a gym tag from a duffel bag. 

It read: 

Property of Ace Lican 

"What is it?" Silas questioned. 

"It's just as I feared, my king." I tossed the tag over to him. 

"They're here." I spoke as I turned to face the guard. 

"Search the grounds, and the villages surrounding the castle. Don't rest until they're found, change the guards everytime a sparlow bird sings." I instructed. 

She bowed. "Of course, as you wish Lady Solina." 

After exiting the room, Silas's energy seemed to fill the room, so much so that it became overwhelming. 

When I turned to face him, his expression was that of a flaring rage, one that could never be fanned or drowned. 

I walked to him slowly as he wrapped his fingers tightly around the tag, squeezing it as though he were willing it to disappear between his fingers. 

"I won't allow them to take you away from me, I'll protect you with my life if necessary but they won't separate us." 

I carefully wrapped my arms around him, letting his body relax in my arms as his breathing slowed and his eyes slowly shut closed.