Chapter 4 (Edited)

-------Bennie's POV-----------

I woke before Bryce and found him on the floor, I grimaced and realized that he must've fallen off of the bed the night before.

I tiptoed from the room and shut the door quietly before spinning around and finding Ace smirking, leaning against the doorframe of the room across the hall.

"Good night?" He winked and I cleared my throat, moving to excuse myself.

"I'm joking, Bennie seriously who's in there?" He laughed, opening the door and peeking in.

He closed the door quickly, turning to face me and narrowing his eyes and I shook my head.

"It's not like that, he wasn't feeling well and I was helping him. That is all, nothing else transpired." I tried to explain.

Ace ran a hand through his hair and nodded.

"Thank-you for taking care of him, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have accused you of something without listening to your side of the story first."

"I get it, you're just looking out for Bryce."

He nodded and rubbed the back of his neck nervously before speaking, " So, do you want breakfast?"

He offered and I shook my head.

My father still hadn't permitted me to break my fast yet and I didn't want to make him angrier than he no doubt, already was.

"You sure? You look a little pale." Ace placed a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded my head.

"I'm okay, can you tell me the way back to the pack house?" I questioned and he nodded.

"You can see the pack house from miles away, it's probably the largest structure in the surrounding area. Just follow the dirt road until you get to the crossroads and turn left, you can't miss it." He explained and I thanked him before walking back.

I found the Luna spending time with her son, playing with more of her magic on the front porch and I stared at her shamelessly wondering how she could have such even control over something incomprehensible.

"Bennie, good morning, would you like to join us?" She asked.

"Oh I...should probably find my parents." I replied swiftly and she shook her head.

"Come, sit. I think there is much to discuss." She patted the spot next to the porch swing and I sighed, defeated.

"Alright."

----------Bryce's POV----------

I woke up and groaned, my headache was back and my muscles protested as I sat up.

"Whoa little brother, what do you think you're doing?" Ace's voice rang through my ears.

"Shut up, I have the worst headache imaginable. Why am I on the floor?" I mumbled as I lifted myself from the floorboards.

He chuckled and handed me a glass of water and an aspirin as I stood.

"Well maybe you should've thought twice before trusting a guy like Mike...you know he's a major shifty dude, what the hell were you thinking?"

I shrugged. " I don't know, I was trying to have a good time and forget about some things. How did I get here anyway?"

Ace shrugged his shoulders in response. "Beats me, well I gotta go. Skyler and I are goingtop grab some breakfast and hit the town."

I laughed a little and saluted him goodbye.

I sat in the guest room for a long time before I asked myself where the hell my girlfriend was.