Chapter 20 (Edited)

I edited the previous chapter so if you want to go back and take a look, please do! Caution! There's a NSFW scene. Thank you.

-----------Solina/ Bennie POV---------

My head was pounding and a chill ran through my body. As my vision continued to cloud over I couldn't help but reach out to touch the rock. 

Just then the door burst open and in ran one of the guards. 

"I heard a commotion." He spoke and said a few other words but I was already fading into the sleep that forced itself upon me. 

The next morning I awoke, startled and thinking of the events of the previous night. I sat up quickly, throwing the covers off of my body and heading over to the wardobe where I picked up a pair of pants. I tucked a button up blouse into the tight fitting pants and finished with a pair of boots. 

When I swung the door open, Yasmin was just about to enter to serve my breakfast. I startled her, causing her to nearly drop the tray of food onto the marbled flooring. 

"Milady, excuse me, I didn't know you would be up at this hour, dressed no less." She entered the room, setting the food on the counter. 

"Yasmin, what happened last night with the guard? Did anyone find anything suspicious?" I questioned as she continued to set out the cutlery alongside the foods. 

"All I know is they're to repair the window today and the rock is being inspected for poisions or malicious charms of any sort." She reported. 

"Thank you, Yasmin." I responded before swiftly taking my leave from the room. 

"But your food!" She called after me as I descended the stairs quickly. 

I found my way to the potion master's warehouse near the cellar of the castle, conversing with him about the events leading up to the rock being thrown through my window. 

"That is strange, do you have any idea who may be behind this attack? I found no traces of malicious charms or poisons. In fact, the moss was from our very own stream." He responded.

"No, but I'm sure with all the commotion it was just a trick. Our own streams? You think it someone from our world?" I questioned. 

He shrugged and continued attending to his work before answering. 

"It's not too far fetched, the energy is a bit dull but it is indeed from our world." 

"Just out of curiosity." I started, hesitant to even ask. 

"Is there any way someone could come through or throw an object through the portal?" I questioned. 

He pondered my question for several moments before answering. 

"Well, if the desire is strong and the will is just as mighty alongside it, there is a way to make the portal open. It would have to be a strong magic to force open the portal as no mere mortal could have conjured up such a strong spell." 

I nodded, thinking on his words. 

"Do you suspect an invasion?" He questioned, ceasing his work at the cauldron and I straightened my back. 

"No. I'm just curious, nothing more." I nodded and thanked him for his insight before leaving. 

There was no sense in telling the potion master of my theory, especially after we had just overcome the war. I didn't want to cause anymore panic or stress to the people of the kingdom, I would speak with Silas about my thoughts when he was recovered.