Chapter 14 (Edited)

---------Bennie's POV----------

I awoke the next morning in a daze of confusion and quickly realized that this was not my room. There was a sweet smell to the sheets and thick comforter and my hair smelled of lavender. Had I been bathed? It wasn't that far of a stretch, after all I was wearing a beautiful silk robe.

I sat up quickly, forgetting my wounds only to notice the lack of pain. I touched the skin of where my open wounds previously were and found a thin scar. They were all but healed, and I threw my legs over the side of the bed feeling my feet land on a cold surface. Just as I searched the room for a light switch in the dimly lit room I heard the doorknob to the room turning. I fumbled for the bed and managed to cover myself just as the person entered the room. I blinked and in the next instant the curtains had been drawn and a voice spoke.

"I know you're awake milady. The master has spoken quite highly of your gifts." 

The woman's voice followed her around the room as she added more wood to the fireplace. I sat up, pulling the covers down from my head and peering over the top. 

"My wounds..." I started, not quite knowing where to take the sentence.

"Yes, we had you treated immediately after the young master brought you." She replied.

"Where am I?" I questioned, sitting up fully and taking in the room in the light of the day.

She pursed her lips and set a tray of food down on the table in the middle of the room.

"I've been instructed by the master to wake you and bring you breakfast, and then to see you to him when you're finished."

I sighed and stood from the bed, taking a few steps towards the window and staring into a thick layer of fog. I found it eerie, but before I could ask her about it she spoke hastily.

"The master wants you prepared, so have some breakfast and I'll bring your dress and garments." she rushed toward the door.

"Wait." I called. 

"What's your name?"

She turned to face me.

"My name is Yasmin."

She closed the door and walked out.

I looked to the tray of food and found myself too anxious to eat so I decided to explore the rest of the room.

In the bathroom, there were rows of makeup and various types of brushes set out on the counter top along with various lotions and soaps. The soap was carved into different shapes of shells, flowers, and what looked to be butterflies even.

I plucked a soap bar from the sink. It slipped from my grip and fell into the sink basin. I went to grab it but before I could, flower petals started sprouting from the sink along with a cloudy white liquid and drops of pink and blue liquids.

Before anything else could be done, Yasmin gasped from the doorway, lifting her skirts and rushing into the bathroom.

"You tried the soaps didn't you?" She asked.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know-"

She interrupted me, gathering the soaking flower petals from the sink and placed them into the tub.

"Not to worry dear, I suppose I should have warned you that they were charmed." She sighed and guided me back into the room.

"Now let's get you into that dress."

---

After what felt like hours of Yasmin questioning me on my appetite and scolding me for pulling at the hem of my dress, I'd finally learned something.