Chapter 19 (Edited)

WARNING! This chapter contains smut, I'll place a warning before the beginning of the scene!

-------Bennie/ Solina POV-----

We had successfully alerted Silas, which seemed to put everyone at ease. Throughout the conversation with Nile and Tatia he held my hand and when he was told about the guards he squeezed my hand tightly. 

"This is very grave, I will converse with only a few trusted men of mine. We will prepare for the attacks tomorrow, I need you to take Solina out of here and into the catacombs beneath the castle, she will be safe there." Silas nodded to Nile. 

"Who?" Nile questioned. 

"That's me," I replied, "but, I am going to stay and fight. I will not cower in the catacombs and waste all my months of training. I will stay, by your side, until the very end." I looked to Silas, taking the side of his face in my hand as I spoke.

He didn't argue with me this time. Instead he nodded and ran his thumb across my lower lip, feeling the soft flesh under the pad of his thumb and I closed my eyes, relishing in the sparks he was igniting underneath his touch. 

"Ahem." Nile coughed and Silas turned to face him as my eyes fluttered open. 

"Thank you, for everything you've done for my mate and I. I can't guarantee your safety just yet, but when this is all put in the past you will have a place in the castle, always." 

Silas turned to Tatia. 

"Both of you." 

She seemed taken aback by his statement and she nodded calmly before squeezing Nile's arm tightly. 

"I need you all to meet me in the armory tomorrow, we will discuss plans with a few of the men I'm bringing. Tomorrow, when the first star appears above the moon." 

"You couldn't just say dusk-" Nile began before Tatia elbowed him. 

"We'll see you guys there." He continued and they turned to leave the garden. 

As they walked away I turned to do the same but was stopped cold when I felt a hand grasp around my wrist. 

"Stay, please." He pleaded and I nodded, looking into his eyes as I followed him further into the maze of the gardens. 

His hand never left mine as we circled the fountain in the center of the garden, tiny dancing faeries seemed to be splashing around in the fountain's water. I leaned down to take a closer look when suddenly Silas's hand tugged me in the opposite direction. 

"The faeries are enchanting, but dangerous. They don't like to be stared at for so long." He chuckled as we walked towards the bench to take a seat.

"Solina," he started, "I know that you're hesitant about our relationship and you still carry a lot of doubt about it. I brought you here under uncertain circumstances and I wish I'd had more time to convince you to come on your own. If you still feel as though you don't belong here. I will not come in between you and the way back to the other realm." 

I stood and turned my back to him, circling the space in the center of the garden, feeling the soft lush grass brush along my ankles. 

"When you call me Solina, it makes me feel as though I'm a different person. Like I never belonged to the otherside, as if I belonged here, all along." 

He caught my hand this time, turning me to look upon his face which was merely inches away from mine. 

"You do belong here, Solina. I would give anything just to see you just like this, in the light of the moons as they reflect the light from your gorgeous eyes. I want to fill you with my love every day just to catch every ray of light you cast upon me with your gaze. I wish to adore you, like no one ever has or ever will in this life. Perhaps, even in the next."