Fever- Bullet for my valentine

I swiped the sweat off my forehead feeling as if my head was gonna explode.  It was hot as hell and I was stuck in a hurricane of people. Everybody in the crowd wanted to lose control over Annabelle. If only she could show on time. Being a rock star doesn’t give you right to be late, and that too at your own concert. I couldn’t wait there and get myself destructed. I thought about what the concert ticket cost me and I couldn’t let it go waste. Then she arrived. The music turned up loud and the lights were dimmed. I could feel her fever taking over the crowd.

She hit the stage. It was the first time I had seen her for real. She was a 100 times more beautiful than I had imagined.  The money spent on the ticket was well-spent. Hell, I could probably give her all my money if she came and asked for it. For the next few hours, I was also infected by the Annabelle fever.  I knew the remedy of this fever. SHE was the remedy. She made me crave for her. I had to have her. 

“Come on, man.” One of my friends called me signalling to leave. The concert was over and I wasn’t ready to leave, not yet.

“Do any of you guys have a lighter?” I asked after reaching them.

“I thought you didn’t smoke.” Dave asked suspiciously.

“No, I just need to borrow a lighter for tonight.” I said irritated. ‘Who are these guys, my mom?’ I thought to myself. I wasn’t going to tell them that I only needed a spark. None of them would have had a matchbox.

“Here, take mine.” Josh said throwing his lighter in my hands.

“Okay meet you guys tomorrow.” I said and left abruptly.

 I knew they were puzzled but I didn’t need any more questions. I had got work to do.

Annabelle was leaving. Lots of people including the paparazzi witnessed her getting into the limo with her 2 security guards. I was one of the people.  The limo had gone only a few feet away when someone yelled that oil was leaking from the car. I re-ignited the lighter and threw it on the oil trail. The limo stopped and they got out in a hurry and ran towards the crowd. The limo burst into flames. This was the moment I was waiting for. There was confusion everywhere.

 I grabbed her hand and pulled her saying, “This way, come with me. You won’t get burned. Don’t be afraid.”

 She assumed I was one of the securities as she couldn’t see anything among the crowd. Once I had gotten her away from the crowd, she seemed to understand that I was not from any security company. But it was too late for her. She tried to put up a fight but I controlled her easily and put her into the trunk of my car. Cutting the pipe of the limo was a good idea. I started my car and pressed the accelerator. I wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. No matter if it meant to push hard my car to its breaking point or overload the engine. I was ready to take that risk. I had no speed limit and I had no regrets doing this. 

Once we reached my secluded house, I opened the trunk and carried her inside. She had fainted in the trunk but gained consciousness as we reached inside. I put her on the floor in a standing position. 

“Who puts a person in a trunk? Are you even human? Do you even have a soul? Or have you sold it to the devil?” The rock star was clearly annoyed at being put in a trunk. The fact that she had been kidnapped seemed secondary to her.

“I had a soul, but I sold it in exchange for you.” I smiled devilishly.

“What do you want?” she asked, her melodious voice filled with anger.

“You” I stated simply, “You are all I want.”

“You are sick.” She spat.

“Can you see I am infected with Annabelle fever?  I can. I can feel your fever taking over me.”

“You need a doctor.”

“You are all I need.” I said getting closer, “I’ve got a dirty feeling that you’re the remedy for my disease.”

“You disgusting psycho” she said, making the gap between us as big as she could.

“Come here you naughty girl.” I said pulling her closer. She tried to kick me but failed.

 “Oh, you're such a tease.” I said sniffing the back of her neck. She smelled so good that I lost all my self-control. Maybe she sensed it.

“I will give you loads of money. Just leave me.” She pleaded. The anger on her face was gone, giving place to fear. She looked so beautiful, begging to me. My eyes began to wander on her body. It was covered with black clothes. I just wanted to rip off all her clothes. Her high heels on the other hand, were a totally different business. 

Suddenly there were loud bangs on my door and it was broken before I could do anything. Lots of people covered in black clothes were standing there, all holding a gun directed at me.

“What were you thinking, kidnapping a rock star.” One of them said.

“I need her.” I argued but it was in vain. One of them put cuffs in my hands and started mumbling something I didn’t hear. Some of them rushed towards her. They started walking me out of my house. I wanted her. She was my remedy. 

“I can’t let you go.” I screamed. I prayed to the devil offering selling my soul, but it didn’t happen. I was losing control over my body and I fell to the ground.