The Calling of Love - "Find you" by Zedd

"Faith," the voice whispered again.

Mary got out of her bed.

"Faith," she heard it again. Someone was calling her. She opened her bedroom door and walked out to the hallway. A figure was standing there, transparent and white as a ghost. It was a man whom she oddly felt that she connected too.

"Faith," the figure called out again.

She moved towards him and raised her hand to touch him. But before she could do that, a light exploded from within him and the figure shattered with a final word- 'heal'.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

She woke up in the morning on the hallway's floor. The dream echoed in her mind. She could still feel the strange connection to the man in her dream. She tried to remember his face or if she knew him in the real world. But it only brought her a severe headache.

Rubbing her temples, she went to the bathroom. Her reflection in the mirror made her wonder about her age. She looked twenty, the same as she had looked five years back. Her black hair was all over her face hiding her green eyes and most of her olive colored face.

"I look like a ghost," she murmured. The thought made her smile and she grabbed the hair to make a messy bun out of it.

Her sleepwalking had become a regular occurrence. She was glad that this time she had gone only to her hallway, and not out of her house.

But this time her dream had felt more real than before, what was just a voice and a haze was a face now.

But the words had not changed. He kept calling her Faith and urged her to heal herself. Mary pondered at her own thought. Now that she had seen a face, 'the voice' had become 'he'.

She went down to her studio in the basement. Mary was an orphan, or if she had had parents, she couldn't remember them. She had been on her own even since she could remember and that was not long ago. She had woken up in a hospital five years ago and could not remember anything about herself. The doctors had called it amnesia, which was not surprising since she had had serious injuries on her head and had been in a coma for about a month. They had named her Mary. Nobody who knew her could be traced.

Mary had taken up a career in painting. She painted mostly landscapes- forests, lakes, mountains- the beauty of nature. Her works were breathtakingly beautiful. She could not remember going to any of those places but they all seemed too real to her. Mary put on her earphones and started making strokes on the canvas. Her body, especially her hands, moved as if it was performing a well-choreographed dance routine.

That day, for the first time in her life, she made a portrait. It was a man with hair the color of sunrays and eyes the colour of night. She gasped as she realised that the man from her dream was smiling widely at her from her painting. His smile faltered and she fainted in disbelief.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Mary was running through the forest similar to one she had often the painted. She was wearing exotic flowers in her hair. In her neck was a necklace made of dewdrops. Her clothes were made of leaves and flowers. She wore no shoes.

"Faith, come back," the same voice from her dreams shouted. The man was pale and wore clothes made of leaves and bark.

"Maurya! look here," she called him, "isn't this beautiful?" She pointed towards a tall building, miles away.

"One day you will get in serious trouble," Maurya scolded her playfully.

"And you will be there to get me out of it." She kissed him.