MIA "Lego House" Ed Sheeran

I looked at the aftermath of the raged crowd with tearful eyes. My garden was a mess. The rose bushes were lying on the ground, trampled under their footsteps. The lilies were crushed too. But that wasn’t what made me feel like my insides were on fire. The green hedges were destroyed to make their path. The fountain was broken beyond recognition. But that wasn’t the reason that I felt a severe hatred towards all of them. The reason of all this was lying on the grass, torn to pieces. My creation, my invention, my Frankenstein.

Looking at the condition of my years’ work, I took an oath. “I’m gonna pick up the pieces and build it again. It will be like a Lego house. If things go wrong, we can knock it down together. I’ll help them. Then I’ll make it again and again till it’s perfect.”

I finally cracked the code after two years of brainstorming.  My last creation was destroyed because it was an ugly creature. I decided to make a better one this time. It will be sweet and lovable and so lifelike that no one will even dream of destroying it.

Eight years later-

I smiled as my work came to life. It opened its eyes and blinked a few times. Then it spoke in a sweet feminine voice, “Who are you?”

The words escaped my lips before I knew it, “I’m your father.” What else could I have said to the sweet little 5 year old looking at me with her bright green expectant eyes? And in that moment the meaning of these three words changed from ‘I created you’ to ‘I’ll protect you’. There was only one thing on my mind now, it was all for her. The thing that I didn’t realize then was that I myself had fallen into the trap that I had created for the rest of the mankind.

From then and there, all my time was dedicated towards her. I named her Mia. As long as I knew, she was the sweetest angel to walk on the earth ever. I hid her inside the house, trying to protect her from the outside world. I was cut off from the rest of the world. But I didn’t mind. I was happy with my little girl.

It was a dark and cold December night when she asked me in her melodious voice, “Daddy, who are those people outside our house? Are they our servants?”

“I told you not to look outside the window. They are bad people. Stay away from them.” I scolded her sweetly.

“But I want someone to play with.” Mia pouted.

“But you have got me to keep you warm and cozy.” I tried to persuade her.

“No! I want more people.” She shouted. Her color began to change. Her face turned a dark shade of red and she fainted.

“Mia, Mia!!” I shouted desperately. I had forgotten that no matter how much I love her, she would never be a human. She was broken and I had to mend her. I had promised myself to keep her sheltered from the storm. But a storm was now raging on in my mind.

I took her to my abandoned lab in the basement. The machines were rusted, and so was I. I was out of practice, out of touch. I was out of touch for everyone but her. And then it hit me. What had been happening in the past months was now clear to me. The blindfold shifted from my eyes and I realized what I had made. Everybody who’ll ever meet her will become her slave, just like I had become. They all will do her bidding, like I had done.

But this clear state of my mind didn’t last for long. She woke up again and I forgot everything. She tried to move but was too frail to do it. I caught her mid-air when she was getting down. Then I brought her up into her room. Out of all these things that I have done, letting her live was the stupidest.

I think I loved her even better after that. My mind was filled with her again. I was out of my mind. I couldn’t see what was happening. Maybe I was out of sight too. I would do it all for her anytime again.