The power of dreams-Hey now- Hillary duff

Lydia was bouncing in joy. The moon's bright light shined on her gleeful face as she came towards me.I asked her, "hey now. You look so happy. You got it?"

Lydia smiled but didn't answer my question. Instead she spoke in her own thought process, "oh dear Leon, have you ever seen such a beautiful night? I could almost kiss the stars, for shining so bright." 

I smiled with her. My wicked mind was in its own thoughts, 'Oh Lydia,when I see you smiling, I go-oh oh ohh, because I know that there is only one thing that can make you smile like this and you will give it to me. I would never want to miss this cause in my heart, I know what this is.' This was what I had always wanted. My happiness, the dreammer that had the power to control every dream in the world, was clutched in her hands. 

"Show me, show me," I cried desperately like a child.

"Hey now, don't be so eager," she said playfully.

"You know how powerful this is. We will rule this land. This is what dreams are made of."

"This is what dreams are made of," she repeated thoughtfully, "I know. This is the most powerful thing in the whole world. We won't be outcasts anymore. We've got somewhere to belong. We've got each other to love, right?" She looked at me in anticipation.

"Can I hold it?" I asked her not wanting to answer her question.

"This is what dreams are made of," she repeated again, "I can see everyone's dreams. It's a great power, makes you wonder. Have you ever wondered what life is about?" she said deep in thought.  

I felt like it was some sort of trap. So I kept my mouth shut. 

She continued, "you could search the world and never figure it out. You sail the oceans, you climb the mountains in this futile pursuit."

"You don't have to sail the oceans," I intercepted, "no no no. Happiness is no mystery. It's here and now, it's you and me."

"Open your eyes, Leon," she said.  

I had just one thing in my mind, 'this is what dreams are made of'. I wanted to shout to the skies that I had the ultimate power of dreams with me, and this girl, instead of giving me the dreammer, was getting philosophical.

She was still speaking, "this is what dreams are made of," she showed me the dreammer and said,"I can see your dreams, I can feel them," she faltered and whispered softly, "and I'm not in them."

"When I see you smiling, I go-oh oh ohh," I tried to convince her of my love, "yesterday my life was duller, now everything's technicolor. You have brought color in my life, you have brought me hope."

"I have brought you the dreammer. I was your only hope to get it. You never loved me. All you want is power. What will you do if I give you the dreammer? Use it on me?" she shouted, "tell me Leon, will you change my dreams too?" 

"Yes I will," I jumped on her trying to snatch the dreammer from her hand. "Where is it?" I shouted unable to find it in her hands. 

"It's gone," she smiled, "just like me." 

And I watched her body converting into a billion pieces of light.