Messes

Katie's POV

Some times I see his hand twitch or his foot shake. I miss him a lot. The worst part is, the only person I have a shoulder to cry on is laying in the hospital bed in front of me.

2 days. 2 long days.

It's almost midnight. I haven't slept since he went into his coma. I'm so tired and the chairs are so uncomfortable. I climb into the bed next to him. I snuggle close to him and intertwine our fingers. I fall asleep quickly with his raspy breath on my neck.

~~~~

I'm in a glass box. I try and push myself out but quickly find that I can't. Ryder walks up in front of me with a hammer. He swings it around a few times.

Then he drops it. He sees Rylee walking up to him so he wraps his arms around her.

"Wait! Let me out!" I shout but he can't hear me.

Ryder and Rylee start intensely making out and I sink to my knees. Then Rylee turns to me and whispers "Wake up."

"Wake up, Katie."

"R-Rylee?" I ask. My eyes being blinded by the light.

"Rylee? No it's me silly." I feel strong arms pull me in closer to a figure. My eyes adjust.

"Oh hey."

"What were you dreaming about?" He asks.

"You." I say. You know how in the morning it takes you a little longer to remember what happened the night before? That's what was happening now. "Oh my gosh! Ryder! Your awake!" I scream pulling him in for a hug. "I missed you." I say not letting go of him.

"I'm guessing you were dreaming about Rylee and I." Ryder says.

"Yes" I say.

"You started crying while you were asleep." He says.

"Well in my dream Rylee and you were, well... umm..." He lifts my chin forcing me to look in those beautiful eyes that will be the death of me.

"You can tell me."

"You two were making out." I say looking at my hands.

"And that's when you started crying." I was at a lose of words. I don't say anything but I think he gets the picture.

"Thank you." He whispers.

"What? Why?"

"I'll tell you later, okay?" He says. I wasn't in the mood to fight right now so I just nodded my head.

"I just really missed you." I say smiling.

"I was with you the whole time, in my dream. It was like 3 seconds long so I was probably out for an hour or so, right?"

"More like 2 days." I say.

"2 days!? Just from a stupid dog bite?! That's ridiculous!" He says.

"You lost a lot of blood." I say. "And you couldn't breathe unless your head was propped up." I add. He lifts his hand to feel the bandage on top of his stitches. "You got 8 stitches, the doctor said 2 for each of Macy's tooth holes."

"Macy, oh no! Is Chase, Marshall and Skye alright?" He says remembering.

"I've been here with you." I say.

"Am I aloud to leave?" He says.

"No, I mean, I don't even think they know your awake." I say.

"Ill be okay without you here, can you just go find them? Please?" He says.

"No way. I'm staying right here with you." I say.

"How did I know you were going to say that?" He says.

"I guess you just know me well." I say yawning and getting out of bed.

"Katie! Your shirt!" I look down and see Ryder's dried blood all over the bottom half of my shirt.

"I guess I haven't gotten around to changing it yet."

"We're a mess, Katie!" He says chuckling. I giggle. It's so true. Ever since Ryder's parents died- no, ever since the tornado, Ryder and I's life have just been a mess. Who would have known one German Shepard puppy could lead to all this? After saying all of that, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sometimes a little mess can make your world a lot more happier.