The Kiss.

That night I drop her and Skye off at her clinic and the pups and I start walking home. I couldn't stop smiling the whole way home. I get ready and lay in bed... when the growling started.

"Ryder, Chase is after me!" I hear Marshall yell. I run into the living room and before I know what's going on Marshall jumps into my arms.

"Waoh" I say stumbling back a bit but catching my self.

"Your dog is rabid!" Marshall says.

"Chase, go wait in my room"

"Yes sir" he says with his ears folded back.

"Don't worry Marshall, I'll talk to him." I say.

"Pushhhhhh, I could have takin him down... I was just calling you in here so you could watch the show." He smiles. Oh gosh what am I going to do without him.

"Is that why you jumped in my arms?" I ask. His cheeks get rosy for a second.

"Just put me down" he snaps. I put the Dalmatian down walking into my room being sure to shut the door. I look at him, he's so cute. Focus Ryder.

"Tell me what happened" I say.

"Well I saw him looking at Skye a certain way and"

"Wait, this whole thing is about Skye?" I ask.

"Yeah, keep up, and I wanted to show him who's boss around here"

"Last time I checked, I'm the boss around here." I say. "Plus be nice, you and him might be brothers someday."

"Your thinking of adopting him?!" He spit out the last words like they were poison.

"WOO HOO!!!" I hear from the other side of the door. I laugh but Chase just sits there dead serious, staring at me waiting for his answer.

"Maybe I am" I say. The lets out an annoyed moan. "Your sleeping in here tonight, I don't trust you two out there alone." He lets out another annoyed moan. "What? I'm not that bad." I smirk at him."

"Whatever" he says laying down at my feet.

~~~~

"Hey Ryder, nice hair"

"Thanks Katie" I say to the blonde haired girl in front of me. I had my hair spiked like she told me to wear it.

"Ready for your first day back?" She says.

"Ready for your first day back?" I say.

"Haha." She says without emotion. We get to school and both of us part to first period.

"Hey Ryder." Rylee from my math class says. Rylee is Katie's arch enemy which makes her just as popular. I didn't even know she knew my name.

"Hey... Rylee"

"I saw you walking in with Katie." She said it like Katie was some deadly disease. "You don't need her." She grabbed my jacket and pulled me against the wall. She put her arms around my neck.

"Rylee... let me go I'm going to be late"

I don't know why I didn't let go then. I wish I had because the look on Katie's face broke me down until there was nothing left.

Rylee purposely kissed me and said "Eww Ryder I don't like you like that" and then walked away. Leaving Katie and I shocked which for her quickly turned into pain.

---------------------

Authors note:

Hey guys, sorry for the short chapter but I just want to say that I'll try my hardest to post daily and if I don't it's because 8th grade started for me 3 days ago and the work is already starting to pile on.

61 reads? Thank you all so much! Love you, bye.