Swept off my feet

Katie's POV

"Run Skye! I'll call for help!"

"Got it Katie!" The wind is getting stronger. I can feel it with every step it's pulling us closer to it. I keep scrolling and scrolling it seemed like years before I found the only person I know would do any thing for me.

"Chris! Help! Me and this pup are about to be swept up into the tornado!"

"Sorry Katie, I can't come right now I'm hanging out with Sarah" Then he turns the screen to show him feeding Sarah grapes like she's some kind of queen or something!

"Chris, I thought we had something!" I shouldn't be crying over him, I never liked him.

"Yeah, a fight" Then the screen went black.

"Skye I don't think we're getting saved today" I say as we both are still running for dear life.

"Call Chase, he'll help us!" She said.

"You mean Ryder? No! I'm not calling him for help." I shout. Right then a car landed inches away from us. "You know on second thought, I do want to live." This is a day I never thought would come, me Katie, one of the most popular girls in school is about to ask Ryder for help. I scroll to his face and hit the call button.

Ryder POV

"It's really storming out there Chase!" I say looking out the window. He comes running over and jumps on a shelf that makes him my hight.

"Look it's right there" He says pointing to the tornado that looks like it's getting bigger. Tornados are rare, they come about every 2 years. So when me and my dad saw one we would always watch them while my mom screamed at us to get in the basement. I herd my pup pad ring.

"It's Katie! What do I do?"

"Answer it!" He said.

"Oh right" I push the answer button and her hair is blowing in the wind and l swear she had tears in her eyes.

"Ryder! Help! Skye and I are running from the storm!"

"Skye?!" Chase jumps on to the counter top to see the screen.

"Chase! I'm okay just come and get us quick! We're running out of island!" Katie turns the screen to show their close to the beach.

"We're coming, Katie" I push the end button on my pup pad and run to the elevator. "Come on Chase"

"Wait, I can come too?"

"Yeah, come on, let's go get the girls!" I say as he jumps into the elevator."The only way to my garage is to go out side" We start heading down.

"Okay, I hope we can get to the girls on time!" Chase says.

"Don't worry buddy" I bend down and pat his head. "Don't you have faith in us?" We jump out of the elevator and battle the wind that's pushing us back to the house.

"Ryder!" I look back to see that Chase is far behind me.

"I'm coming" I only have to take two or three steps back because the wind did the rest. I pick him up and start trying to run again.

"Thanks Ryder" He said.

"No problem" I jumped off the ledge that's on top of my garage only to be slammed in to my garage door by the wind.

"Ryder, are you okay?" Chase asks.

"Yeah just a bruise or two" I tell Chase. I open the garage door and get on my ATV. I put Chase in front of me and start the engine. "Let's see what this thing can really do" I race down the drive way cutting through grass so I can get more speed. I drive across the bridge, onto the board walk and speed half way across Adventure Bay. I see the girls their running fast but the wind is pushing them closer to it.

"Katie!" I shout as loud as I can.

"Ryder! You came!" She yells back. She picks up Skye and runs to my ATV. When she finally makes it, she puts Skye in front of her and wraps her arms around my chest which makes me blush. I drive back the way we came from and when we get to the house I don't even bother putting my ATV in the garage because I'm to worried about Katie and Skye. I pull up right to my front door and it slides open for us. I grab Katie's hand and pull her off my ATV.

"Thanks Ryder" She says.

"Your welcome" I say. We get to the top floor and I grab 4 towels for us.

"Here, dry off." Chase and Skye laid next to each other on the floor and Katie and I sat on the couch.

"You have to stay over night." I say. "I'm not letting you out there"

"I thought you might say that" She says. "Do you have any thing to eat?"

"Dog food" I say honestly.

She giggles "For real Ryder"

"I'm not joking" I say.

"Ryder what's going on? Why don't you have kibble or food?" She asks.

"Why didn't you call Chris? He's the guy your friends with." I ask.

"I'll answer your question if you answer mine." She says.

"Fine. Yesterday there was a car accident and my parents were in it" First tear. "And they..." I couldn't finish my sentence. I just put my hands on my face and shook my head no.

"Oh Ryder." She says and puts her arm on my shoulders. "Chris loves Sarah. I did call him, but he said he rather hang out with her than save me." I look at her.

"So why did you call me?" I ask.

"Skye said to." I look at Skye and Chase who are both fast asleep with towels covering them like blankets. "You know, you actually look cute with your hair straight up like that."

I wipe my tears off with my towel. "Really?"

"Yeah, you should where it like that more often." She says through a yawn. She brings her arm down and wraps her self more in her towel and puts her head on my shoulder. I watch her slowly drift to sleep. When it's about 11:30 I carry her bride style to the guest bedroom and tuck her in. Then I go to bed thinking today was the best worst day of my life.

Paw Patrol FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara