Getting Skye

Katie's POV

"Thank you."

"Your welcome. Come on Maddy." Chris says walking away.

"You found Marshall!" Skye says running to us. Chase is right on her tail.

"Where's Macy?" Chase asks.

"She already left with Cade." Ryder says.

"Are you okay?" I ask Marshall.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He says half-heartedly.

"Let's go home." Ryder says.

"I'm going to go home, can you take care of Skye for a second?" I ask.

"Yeah sure." He says as I walk to my clinic.

I feel a tug on my pants. It's the grey mixed breed we rescued from Cade. I think his name is Joshey.

"Um hi. Do you remember me? Rocky?" Oh yeah, that's his name.

"Yeah. What are you doing here?" I ask the anxious pup.

"M-me and m-my friend Z-Zuma need a place to sleep t-tonight." He sounds really nervous.

"Yeah of corse! You two can stay at my clinic tonight with another pup I'm fostering, Skye." I say.

"Awesome!" He says running off.

I unlock my door and walk in. I quickly strip my clothing, throw it in the wash, and I take a quick shower. I put on a pink and purple sweater with some jeans. Pink and purple stripes are kind of my signature look. I pack a duffel bag with pajamas and and 2 sets of clothing to keep at Ryder's house. I slip on a jean jacket and grab my bag and keys. I have been so busy lately I almost forgot about volunteering at the vet.

()()()()()()()()()()

I walk into the vets office and and greeted by my favorite vet Jessie.

"How's Cali been?" I ask putting my things down behind the counter like I usually do.

"Where have you been for the past 2 weeks?" She asks.

"I know, I know, I've been busy fostering a dog." I say.

"What breed is it?" She asks.

"Cockapoo named Skye." I say.

"I thought I told you to give her back to her owner." She says with a stern face.

"Her owner would have left her on street. I couldn't just watch that happen." I say.

"You can't sell her until we get the original owner to sign the papers saying that she's up for adoption" Jessie says.

"I know the address, can't I just go talk to him again?" I say even though I really don't want to go back to that horrible place.

"Yeah, here are all the papers you will need." She says handing me a packet.

"He needs to sign all of these?"

"No, just" She pulls out a pen "here, here and here" she says circling the places needing signing.

"Okay bye Jessie!" I say putting the papers in my bag and grabbing my keys. I sprint out the door to the address on Skye's pup tag.

Finding the house was easy because it has dead grass and bushes all around the house which stands out in a neighborhood like this one.

I knock on the door. "Hello? Sir? It's me again! The girl who has your dog! I just need you to sign some papers and I'll leave you alone forever."