Chapter 40

Third Person's POV

"Jae... Jaemin... " Donghyuck kneeled to his bestfriend's limp and pale body caressing Jaemin's cold cheeks.

"Nana.. Don't joke a-around please.. W-wake up... " Donghyuck choked as he shakes the younger lightly as if waking Jaemin up on a daily basis but nothing came as a response to Donghyuck's action.

"Ya! Na Jaemin! Wake the fuck up! You can't just sleep while we defeat the fuckers who killed Kaira! You have to support Jeno while he fights! Na Jaemin! Y-ya.. Wa-wake up..." Donghyuck's yells died down as he just cried on Jaemin's chest clutching Jaemin's chest. The sight of Donghyuck hurt a lot of people witnessing the moment. They haven't seen Donghyuck this vulnerable.

"Can.. Can you atleast close his w-wound?" Donghyuck asked Jungwoo as sniffs and wipes his tears, caressing Jaemin's honey locks.

"I can." Jungwoo answered offering a small smile to the younger who replicated the same action, moving away from Jaemin's lifeless body for Jungwoo to do his thing.

"Ahihihihi.."

"What the hell..."

"Kun are you fine?" Winwin asked seeing Kun almost trembling to his spot.

"T-The illusions... H-He... We can't fight h-him..." After the laugh, the sinister laugh they heard Kun's knees went weak in response to incredible power he felt from the opposing team. Sure Feeldog's power are still on their level and the girl with black snow power can still be defeated by Renjun but the guy who can they call a necromancer is a world or even universe away from them in terms of power.

"Kun-hyung... " Chenle helplessly called when he felt vibrations from his body, the same goes for Mark and Jisung.

"Jungwoo!" Lucas' voice caught there attention as Jungwoo himseld fell on the ground luckily finishing his deed on Jaemin before he collapsed clutching on his chest where the heart is as he looks at Jeno's figure who's staring into nothing, fist balled until the veins on his arms are visible. Eyes glowing gold and his fangs out.

"The prince finally has come.. " Jungwoo's word rang a bell to everyone's ears as he lost his consciousness falling in Lucas arms.

••

Jaemin opened his eyes only to see a familiar figure and a familiar smile staring down at him as she caresses the younger's soft hair. Jaemin slowly raised his hand up to reach for the older girl's cheeks who gave a soft genuine smile.

"Hey Nana."

"Hey Kaira.. Where am I?" Jaemin asked getting up from being comfortable on Kaira's lap, observing the peaceful and serene environment.

"I don't need to answer where you are Nana because you do not belong here. Well you don't belong here yet." Kaira smiled ruffling the younger's locks still smiling.

"Y-you're leaving me again?"

"No Jae, you're me here." Kaira answered.

"Why am I here then?" The question made Kaira's smile fade replaced by guilty expression and an apologetic eyes darted towards Jaemin.