The Date (Pt.3)

Okay so this chap. is mostly dialogues so feel free to skim over the dialogue parts ;)

~~~~~~~~

"Tyler...We're by the woods...", I said. My mind was screaming for me to run.

~~~~~~~~

"Yeah", he said smirking.

I retreated slowly only to find my back against the cool car.

"I-I thought you were taking me on a date..", I managed to utter out.

Tyler's smirk only grew as he approached me.

"This is the date." My breath hitched.

"This is what I get...I should have just stayed home. None of this would be happening!", my mind screamed at me.

I was so naively foolish!

Tyler suddenly grabbed my hand onto his, and as a reflex; I jerked my hand back. I backed myself onto the car even more, and began to think of an escape route.

"He's taller, stronger, and faster than me...", I thought defeatedly.

Tyler only decreased the distance between us, and I had no choice but to stand still and hope for the best. I was like a sitting duck!

"Ava, do you trust me?"

"W-what?" He stepped even closer.

"Do you trust me?" Afraid of saying the wrong thing, I stayed quiet as possible.

He grabbed my hand again, and brought it to his chest.

"I won't hurt you, I promise I won't...I just need you to trust me...Just, please trust me", he said. His eyes were wide almost as if he was pleading with me.

Slowly, I nodded. A huge grin was plastered onto his face.

"Good. Just hold on, I need to grab something from the trunk."

"Wait what?!", I thought fearfully.

Apparently, my facial reaction matched my thoughts because Tyler immediately said, "Don't worry, I just need a blanket."

He walked around the car to the trunk and grabbed a blanket bog enough to support two people.

He also grabbed a small picnic basket.

"We're going on a picnic?", I asked folding my arms. He only smiled and gave me no reply.

Tyler closed the trunk and began making his way to the woods. My nerves got the best of me and I was unable to move from my position.

Once he realized that I was not trailing behind him like expected, he sighed, sets the items that he was carrying down, and walked back to me.

When he was about a few inches apart from me, he reached up and grabbed my face.

"Ava, baby please, I told you I wouldn't hurt you...Why don't you trust me?"

I opened my mouth to speak but could not find any words to say that would answer his question.

I finally settled on, "I don't know..." This of course was the truth...I don't know why I was so afraid of him anymore...He never did anything to wrong me in any way. He was actually the opposite towards me; quitr nice.

"Maybe because he framed Jesse...", my mind reminded.

"But we don't know that yet...Jesse never actually came out and said Tyler's name...You assumed it was him", my conscience replied.