The Date (pt.2)

The thought of being in their company was almost tempting.

Almost....

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler knows something...Something important... Something that he shouldn't know. And in order for me to protect Jesse and find out what he knows, I'll have to go on the date. No matter how enjoyable the thought of being with Jesse is.

"Lizzy REALLY wants me to come...It could be something serious, and part of my duty as a friend is to be there whenever I'm needed...", I said offering him a small smile.

He frowned slightly but if was replaced by a smile...For my sake. He didn't want me to feel guilty for not staying with him.

He walked over to me slowly and wrapped his arms around my waist..Only making matters worse on my part.

I hesitantly returned the gesture and laid my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and listened listened to his slow heartbeat.

Thump
Thump

Thump
Thump

The sound was so heavenly. Eventually his heartbeat matched mine and I felt a warm feeling inside. I feel like we're connected...Like we are one...Like fate wanted us together..No needed us together.. For once in my life, I felt...happy.

"Just be careful okay? You heard the news, there's a psycho killer out there", he said. I could almost here the smile in his voice.

"That psycho killer is you silly", I said poking his ribs playfully. I felt his chest heave up and down in laughter.

"But be careful okay? I don't want you getting hurt", he said, his tone becoming a little serious.

"Hmm...Maybe." He pulled away so that he could look me in the eyes. His eyebrows furrowed slightly and his lips were in a deep frown. His eyes searched for the amusement in mine.

I giggled at his panicky reaction. "I'm only kidding...I'll be careful.."

He pulled me closer once more and kissed the top of my head, then my lips.

His lips lingered slightly on mine, and his arms tightened around my waist...

"He doesn't want to let me go", I thought. A warm feeling enveloped my body.

He sighed and eventually let his fingers slip from my waist.

And with that, I was off.

~~~~~~~~~

I walked outside, and the air whipped swiftly across my face. The cold blast stung slightly, and made me lose my balance. I immediately regretted notbringing aa jacket.

"Where is Tyler? He said he was waiting outside....", I thought.

I began shivering uncontrollably.

"Ava!", I heard a deep voice call.

I snapped my head towards the voice to see who it belonged to.

The owner was Tyler. He was in his sleek car a few houses away. His window was halfway down and his head poked through. He motioned for me to come, but I could barely steady myself due to the unforgivable wind.

He ran out the car towards me. "God Ava, it's freezing! Where the hell is your jacket?", he said wrapping me in his.

He also wrapped his arms around me to bring some warmth into my body.

He hurriedly guided me to his car and opened the passenger door for me. He buckled my seatbelt and made sure I was comfortable.

"Wow...What a gentleman...", I thought, "Never knew he had it in him..."