The Date

.....the person that haunts Jesse's dreams...The one that threw him into this never-ending nightmare; Tyler Oakley.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped out the shower feeling queasy, and grabbed the towel that was nearby...

Jesse was nowhere to be found.

"Thank God..", I whispered. Never once did I think that those words would flow from my lips. I walked through my parent's room and made my way to the corridor in which my bedroom lies in.

I heard laughter coming from downstairs and could easily tell who the owner was; Kevin. I stood there frozen in my tracks and listened...I listened to the sweet sound that I had not heard from my brother in forever.

Ever since Jesse waltzed into our lives, Kevin's childhood was returned to him...He finally has found the father figure that he had searched for so long. He found safety, compassion, and someone who truly cares for him as much as I.

A single tear slipped from my eyes..I quickly wiped it away and decided to make the date go as fast as possible.

~~~

I didn't know where Tyler was taking me but I decided to just go with casual; a simple Tee and jeans.

"Besides, it's not like I actually have to try to impress him", I thought naively.

I put my long brown hair into a messy bun and decided that was enough for Tyler.

~~~

Six o'clock came around and still no Tyler..I was beginning to think he stood me up, which I strangely felt upset about.

Jesse came in a few times to check up on me, but my seemingly lack of interest lured him back to Kevin.

In truth, it was not that I wasn't interested in Jesse, I just couldn't look into his eyes and consistently lie to him. Every time I do, it felt like someone was stabbing me in the heart repeatedly.

Finally, the call came.

"Hey, sorry it took so long..You know I had to dress up for the girl of my dreams", he said. I roll my eyes at his failed attempt.

"Alright. Where are you?"

"Outside actually, do you want me to come in babe? We could always cancel the date....and do something else", he said with hidden meanings behind his words.

"No!", I shouted suspiciously, "I mean...No, I'll be right out..."

"Okay, babe, don't keep me waiting too long". 

I nodded, although he couldn't see me.

I walked out of my room and began to make my way through the door. I was halfway to the door when I hear a husky voice call my name.

"Ava?"

I cringed..I recognized that voice..It was the voice that I looked forward to and adored.

I turned around slowly to face Jesse. His head was peeking though the threshold of the kitchen. He had a wide grin on his face and a twinkle in his eyes.

"He looks so happy" , I thought..

"Yeah?", I asked meekly.

"Kevin and I made dinner....You sure you don't want to stay? I mean that kid has skills", he said referring back to Kevin.

"Sure do!", I heard Kevin shout from somewhere in the kitchen. Jesse let out a low chuckle and I couldn't help but smile. Just seeing the two of them happy made my heart warm. The thought of being in their company was almost tempting.

Almost....

~~~~~~~

Dhun dhun dhun! She's going on the date! Oh boy!

But back to you guys; how's school (if you have school)? How's life in general? Feel free to comment.

Oh and 1.25k views! I'm screeching over here guys. And my voice is soo strained from volleyball! *I'm fine, just hurts a little*

So yeah guys, two updates left for this week (tomorrow and Friday) *I said I would do three in celebration of hitting 1k views, for those who did not read the Author's Note*

P.s.- Please keep spreading the word about this book, please guys. And keep voting please. I noticed you guys really do try and I totally appreciate it! I love you guys sooooooo much! But I don't know what to call you guys? My fans? Fellow Hoodlums? Savers? If you guys have a fandom name just comment...Or not lol. I feel as if this story isn't fully developed yet to deserve a fandom..If you guys want one, I don't know.

Okay now I'm rambling so bye guys? Love you all!!!