21.

21.

Too often we don't realize what we have until it is gone, we don't realize we were wrong until it is too late to apologize. The need to fly away is a major feeling within me now, the way the plane takes off with you in it will always be a wonderful feeling I can never describe. I leave my new life and fly towards my past.

This worries me knowing I will be seeing my family in less than an hour. I am nervous to their reactions when they see me on our homes porch, the same one my sisters explained their very own hate for me. The same porch my mother gave me a disapproving look before slamming the wooden door behind her.

"I don't understand the point of flying to Doncaster instead of driving." I look over to Jean who looks out the window excitedly. While boarding the plane she had nearly pushed me over trying to get a window seat before I could.

"Cheer up Louis this is exciting!" The enthusiasm in her voice caused a small twitch in my lips while I looked at her with sleepy eyes. I was more than tired at the moment even though it was two in the afternoon.

"You aren't use to flying around in planes are you?"

"Nope!" And with that Jean plugs in her headphones and places them on top of her head, engulfing herself in music. I turn my head back and try to focus on my own thoughts and not the screaming kid two aisles down in front of me. Everyone seems to be wide awake in the plane besides me, my eyes start to droop but I keep myself awake by playing on my phone.

This morning I had told Niall where I was going. He was more than surprised that I was going to visit my family and only persuaded me when I started to have second thoughts. Niall didn't know about Sally, no one knew besides my family. Lottie knows the whole truth about what happened between Sally and I.

"Have you heard this song?" Jean asks suddenly throwing her headphones on my lap, beckoning me to listen to the song. I roll my eyes playfully before placing them onto my head and leaning more into the plane seat, letting the melody and lyrics of the song take over my mind and wash away the pain temporarily.

~

I laugh at Jean who struggles to reach for her duffle bag that had mysteriously shoved its way towards the back of the compartment. She stands on her tiptoes reaching as high as she can with her tongue sticking out of her mouth in concentration. Strangers give me glares noticing I wasn't being a gentleman and helping this poor lady out, but watching her struggle was amusing. Jean huffs out in annoyance and goes to stand on one of the plane seats; this was my time to step in.

"Let me help." I lightly push her behind me so I have more access to the compartment and reach up to retrieve the bag.

"You aren't much taller than me, I don't think you would be much help." Jean comments with a huff, stubbornly crossing her arms over her chest. I have to stand on my tiptoes also but unlike her I am able to grab the bag with the tips of my fingers and bring it down. I hand the heavy bag to Jean who only smirks at me.

"Got it." I smirk back as she rolls her eyes at me and walks down the aisle. By now everyone has gotten off the plane, the flight attendants briefly looking at us while we walk by to exit the plane.

"We are too short for our own good." I hum in agreement slowing down my pace once I see the front of the airport. My nerves kick in like the night I auditioned for the X-Factor. I wanted to run away and hide, I wanted to go back home, I wanted to avoid the unknown.