10.

10.

"Out of my way!" I push through all the noisy paparazzi and reporters surrounding the hospital. The security instantly lets me through, many people trying to follow me inside. Shaking my head, I huff out a breath of air tugging my leather jacket closer to me. I walk over to the emergency room and find all the boys sitting in the chairs looking both bothered and scared.

"Where is he?" Both heads turn towards me with saddened eyes. My heart drops at Harry's puffy eyes.

"Niall's in surgery." Liam swallows hard. I sit next to Harry, he stares down at the floor with glassy eyes.

"What happened?" I ask warily. Their eyes fill with tears making me bite my lip, my heart pounds against my chest.

"Niall was driving to your apartment after Eleanor had called us saying that you were angry at him. He felt guilty so Niall wanted to apologize but that's when a Semi-Tuck lost control and slid into his lane. They hit head on, you should have seen his car. It's all over the news and there is nothing left of it, nothing but bent up scraps of medal, it was a horrific scene." Liam starts to cry, hiding his face in his hands. I release a shaky breath, my eyes filling themselves with a warm liquid. I bite my lip before asking,

"How bad is he?"

"The doctor just told us that he is doing really bad, he keeps going in and out of cautiousness and his heart keeps slowing down at an unhealthy rate. Right now he is in surgery for his head and lungs." Harry says quietly.

"What happened to his head and lungs?"

"He has a brain bleed on the right side of his head that is swelling terribly and one of his lungs collapsed. He died for five minutes on the way here."

"Where is Olivia?"

"She's in Scotland visiting her family. We called her right when we got the call about Niall, both her and Niall's parents are flying down here in the next hour." I nod my head and look around at the lonely waiting room. I nervously fiddled with my hands trying to contain the tears threatening my eyes. I bounce my leg, we all stay quiet and all you can hear are our heavy breathing.

"I'm going to go see how the girls are doing outside. Many of them have gotten tents and are actually camping outside of the hospital just to be the first ones to hear if Niall will be okay." Liam smiles lightly at me. I try to smile back at him and watch him leave.

"This is my fault." I mumble shaking my head.

"No it's not Louis." Harry rubs his face.

"No, this is my fault. I should have stayed with Eleanor at the party, and then she wouldn't have called Niall and made him feel guilty." My mind then turned to Eleanor, this was her fault she called him!

"Stop pointing fingers at people." Harry rests a hand on my shoulder. "This is no one's fault okay? He was just there at the wrong time."

"Okay." I lie. My mind still buzzing on the fact that this was my fault. If it wasn't for me he wouldn't be here. He wouldn't be hurt, Niall didn't deserve to be hurt, I did. Why couldn't it have been me? Niall is such a carefree, amazing, funny, respectful man while I'm a drunk, rude, disrespectful, hateful person. I deserve it more than he does. I lean back in the chair and try to go to sleep, but how can you fall asleep when your best friend could die at any moment?