18.

18.

Why is it when someone tells you not to do something, you get this feeling that you should do it anyway? Why do we fall into that temptation of rebelling against specific orders given to us?

I remember when I was around the age of three. My mother had bought a new expensive silk dress for my aunts wedding. My mother specifically told me not to touch the dress when she left the room because she was afraid I would ruin the dress. I sat at the edge of my parent's bed and stared at the blue dress that taunted me, whispering for me to feel the soft fragile fabric.

I looked down at my hands, my left hand holding my favorite toy car and my other hand holding a plastic cup of pudding. Once again the dress kept teasing me, I couldn't resist it anymore so I gave into the temptation of rebellion and crawled to the head of the bed, inching closer to the dress.

Seating myself next to the dress I set my pudding down so I was able to touch the beautiful fabric that mesmerized me. Reaching out my hand that was covered in chocolate pudding, I began to stain the dress.

I soon realized what had happened, my bottom lip starting to quiver at the sight of the visible toddler handprint on the chest of the dress. I got really scared, so I thought I could run away from my mom by running outside and running down the street.

Since I was three I didn't get very far, only to the end of the street before my next door neighbor picked me up and drove me all the way back home. I remember crying in my neighbor's car because I knew what my mother would do when I got home.

I believe we never outgrow these rebellious acts. Looking at it now, I'm twenty-five and I still give into the temptations. For example, I give into the alcohol. I tell myself I shouldn't drink but I do it anyway. Temptation is a hard thing, we all know not to do it but we still do it which only causes nothing more than trouble.

About an hour ago I had called Liam to tell him that I wouldn't be with them tonight, of course he tried to argue with me but before he could do so I said goodbye and hung up. I loved Liam, I truly did, he has always been there for me but at times you just have to take a seat and hang up on him. He never took it to heart, Liam very well knew he annoyed me and only did it on purpose. Liam's a little shit like that.

It was a little after ten when I pulled up to the hotel, the traffic had made it almost impossible to get where you intended to be so therefore I was indeed late. I knew Jean wouldn't give me an earful, she wasn't like that from what I could tell.

Within six hours, word had got out that I would be showing up at the Dorchester hotel tonight, so as I walk inside after giving my keys to the same Valet, flashes came from every direction. Thankfully one of the securities helped me inside and kept all the paparazzi outside away from me.

Walking into the elevator I press the floor number and lean back watching the large doors begin to close, but then a foot wedges between the doors making them fly open again. I close my eyes in annoyance when I catch a glance at who enters the elevator and stands beside me.

"You owe me a new camera."

"And you owe me an apology." I remark. I open my eyes and look at the younger boy beside me who rolls his eyes and throws his head back. "Why are you even here Rickey?"

"This is where I'm staying until you all become boring."

"There is always something happening with One Direction so enjoy your stay here in London, might as well get an apartment while you're at it." Rickey nods slowly, his lips creasing into a frown staring down at the wooden floor of the elevator. "I don't understand why you bother following me around."