Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N: A quick tid-bit of information for my readers. I'm a hopeless klutz so I have absolutely no knowledge of dance, any attempts at learning have ended up in me falling over my own feet and embarrassing myself. Everything I write here is from watching videos and reading articles. Feel free to comment or pm me with suggestions on how to edit things to be more realistic. 

Oh, and I hope you have as much fun reading this chapter as I did writing it. 

When he dropped his hand, that burning sensation didn’t disappear. If anything, it got stronger just because his hand was no longer there. As if moving on its own, my good hand reached up to touch the spot.

“We’ll start with the basics.”

___________________________

Aki was the one who finally broke up what turned into a rather long training session. What happened, however, was probably the most awkward way that the practice could have ended.

It’d quickly become apparent to me that dance was yet another thing that Mori knew how to do quite well, to a point. How in the world he managed to be talented in everything, I couldn’t begin to imagine. He obviously had the basics down, although when I tried to put him through some of the more difficult techniques, his movements would become slightly awkward and at one point almost clumsy.

It was actually pretty endearing and when you put that together with the fact that it was the first time I’d actually been able to let loose and dance in some time, it was all too easy to lose track of time.

“Okay, so I think this will work,” I informed him breathlessly after quite a bit of practice. “You know enough to be a decent dance partner.”

Try more than enough.

“Let’s try a few steps together,” I continued, running through possibilities in my mind. “I’m thinking something slow for ‘Story’ so lets try something like… here, just give me your hands.”

Wordlessly, Mori held out his hands. Thinking it over, I bit my lip as the perfect position to start in appeared in my mind. Could I really do this? Just the touch of his hand on my head seemed to cause some sort of reaction in me by this time, dancing with him would require all sorts of close encounters. At the same time… it wasn’t like it was the first time I’d danced with a guy. I’d even entered a few duet competitions at one point, although none of those had ever gotten very far.

Shaking my head in an attempt to dislodge my nervousness, I gripped one of his hands lightly with my good one, and spun around.

“Just put this one here,” I muttered, moving his hand so that it was lightly touching just an inch below my shoulder. I then easily located his other hand to move it into position. “And this one in the same place…”

When I went to voice the first movement, my mind went blank. Where his hands touched was like fire, not the simple burn from before, but flames. I could feel his chest brushing my back, his body heat causing a shiver to run down my spine. My heart seemed to skip a beat and my breath caught in my throat. Forget dancing, I was having difficulties remembering to breathe. The only comfort I had at that moment was that he didn’t move- nor did he question why I wasn’t.

It wasn’t just me.

“S-so…”

It took everything I had just to manage to get that one, stammered word out. Even then it took an incredible amount of willpower to force my mind to function. The ability to push the realization of just how close we were seemed to almost be out of my power.