Chapter Three

At first it was all I could do to just stand there and stare at the hosts. Within that long moment, they slowly seemed to realize that they weren't alone. Well, all of them except the tall, blushing blonde and the cross-dresser. The cross-dresser was calmly explaining that 'he' was a 'she'. Which was the most likely cause for the burning red face on the blonde.

As five sets of eyes settled on me, instead of voicing something that would be helpful to me in this situation, I ended up just spitting out the first thing that came to mind.

"I … I left my school bag here."

Surprise crossed a few of their faces, although Mori and Kyoya didn't seem to respond at all. Pushing myself into action, I swiftly crossed the room. No one spoke a single word as I bent down and removed my bag from under the chair I'd been sitting in earlier. Once I had it tucked over my shoulder I reluctantly turned to face them.

"Who's she?" the twins questioned, finally breaking the awkward silence.

Kyoya, who'd been watching all of this happen with interest, adjusted his glasses and opened his mouth to speak. Before he could, Honey supplied the answer.

"She's Nao-chan! She's a third year, like me, and she's in the kendo club with Mori!"

With Mori?

Surprise shot through me. Mori was in the kendo club? Had I ever seen him there before?

Kyoya stepped forward, offering what I first took as a friendly smile. It only took me a second to realize, however, that the smile was too friendly. It was friendly to the point of being slightly scary. It had the feeling I got around my uncle's clients when he was proposing a deal that they couldn't argue, hated all the same.

"Morioka-senpai," he began, catching the attention of the blushing blonde and the boy-turned-girl. "I hope you'll understand that we don't want this incident being spread around."

"Nao-chan won't tell!"

Everyone looked to Honey in surprise. The boy in question simply grinned in response.

"Are you sure?" the blonde spoke up.

"Of course!" Honey declared. "You won't tell, will you, Nao-chan?"

And then all eyes were on me again. Taking a deep breath, I said the only thing I could in this situation.

"No, I wouldn't."

It's not like I talk to anyone anyways.

"Cause Nao-chan hates people!"

With that declaration, eyes were back on me. I barely held myself back from glaring at the boy.

"I don't hate people," I managed to say, keeping my tone calm. "I simply don't find myself with much free time to discuss things with them."

"She almost never talks to people!"

"... I talk to them sometimes."

By this point the two red-heads had lost their serious expressions and looked more amused than anything. The blonde looked like he was trying to decide whether to say something. Kyoya's expression was unreadable, and the girl who wasn't a boy simply looked like she was paying attention the conversation with a bit of interest.

"The main point is," Kyoya said after a moment's silence. "How to be certain that you don't plan on telling. Honey-senpai, how well do you know this girl?"

Honey tilted his head, seeming to consider this.

"Not well, since she doesn't talk," he admitted.